IELTS do I need my own pen and can I take a drink in with me

Barry1986

​daft question I know.

It's as good a question as any about IELTS!

One thing I wish I had known more about in advance was the format of the exam and the rules about the environment. I didn't particularly like being in a queue of about two hundred people to place my valuables on a floor in a room (I would have left more with my husband when he dropped me off), my Ribena was confiscated and I even had to remove some articles of clothing!

It's as good a question as any about IELTS!

One thing I wish I had known more about in advance was the format of the exam and the rules about the environment. I didn't particularly like being in a queue of about two hundred people to place my valuables on a floor in a room (I would have left more with my husband when he dropped me off), my Ribena was confiscated and I even had to remove some articles of clothing!

Surely having to strip to do an English test is a breach of human rights? Its not a medical?!

Surely having to strip to do an English test is a breach of human rights? Its not a medical?!

Just some articles, they didn't strip me. But yes I had to take off a cardigan and a scarf as I was only wearing it for decorative purposes an dnot religious ones.

Mine was a bit of a strange experience too...never seen such high security / double check at an exam before (including professional ones). I guess this reflects that this is a final point for a lot of points for migration status (i.e. for professional I had follow on interviews, etc.).

It's also a likely reaction to the lengths that people will go to to get through this exam.

Guest Priscilla101

Take your own stationary but if you put it into a pencil case it needs to be clear (ie so you can't bring in notes) it's better to have something you know works then rely on being provided with a pen that doesn't write in a class of 200 where you can't talk.

drinks are ok. But again needs to be see through. Easier to remove labels etc.

All your valuables will be locked in another room and you can access them between tests. This is an all day event. Check if the venue has catering and if it will be open on the day. (Mine was an old uni hall with no canteen)

bring your ID. Leave anything else at home. A guy in mine didn't put his phone away into locked room and it buzzed during exam. He was disqualified and asked to leave. Had to pay again if he wanted to retake.

​daft question I know.

As others also mentioned better to bring few pencils and pens, eraser and any other stationary item you think required. They too provide you a pencil and eraser but who knows if the pencil pointer breaks in the middle of the test. Sharpening takes time and IELTS is a time game. You should not even waste a second!! Good luck.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Archived