move from nsw to vic info needed

RVN

Hello me again,

Considering moving to Victoria from NSW next year. Never been to Vic but plan a reckie later on this year so some areas. Was just wondering if anyone else has moved across and what the major differences that we would need to know about that occur in Vic but not elsewhere. For example... I'd know I'd need to change car license to Victorian one etc or cat curfews in some areas.

Thank you.

It is a bit cooler but also dryer here- we hardly ever get rain these days which is very annoying because I am still having to water the garden ( unheard of at this time of the year!) With Vic a lot depends on where you go , it is like many different towns all in one big area. Most of us don't have a footie team, by the way- but tend to pick on a team for grand finals. Similar to NSW, lots of coffee shops, restaurants etc everywhere you go now.

Thank you for your replys. Not really sure for definite as to where we will end up, but I'm thinking the Gippsland area. I heard its good area for being near the coast, city and the snow. Maybe along the highway corridor somewhere. We are not city slickers and prefer the country. Thinking maybe Sale, Bairnsdale or Warragul (if we could afford it) or even on the coast. Probably will want to avoid bush and true rural areas. We miss having train links. Currently is a good 6 hour round trip for a day out in Sydney (we don't do it that often) or we can fly in but thats really expensive. We used to live near Wollongong and it is lovely there, we liked that area and would go back but pretty much priced out of the market down there and jobs are really hard to find.

We would be looking at mininmum 5 acres for our animals and would even consider building (EEK!!). Going to plan a reckie for later in the year.

Just hoping that Victoria may be more for us, climate wise and location. Keep hearing that Victoria is very pretty with lots of old buildings (big plus for me - love history).

As for dry - its dry here too.. OMG, and we don't have bore water (mmmm things you learn:confused:) so my poor garden is pretty non exsistant. Bit bored

of having to go and collect water from local water point on a daily basis. Its definitely hard graft up here.