Certification

bry45

Can someone answer the question if its ok to have all documents signed and certified by the Post Office.

Is this acceptable with the Visa applications?

This is what you are told went migration ask for documents from you.

"Certified copies

For the purposes of the migration legislation, a document is to be certified in writing as a true copy of the original document by:

if the copy is certified in Australia:

● a Justice of the Peace; or

● a Commissioner for Declarations; or

● a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 (for example a nurse, legal practitioner, medical practitioner, pharmacist or dentist); or

● a registered migration agent (whose registration is not suspended or subject to a caution).

if the copy is certified outside Australia:

● a person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations in that place (for example a public notary); or

● a registered migration agent (whose registration is not suspended or subject to a caution)."

Can someone answer the question if its ok to have all documents signed and certified by the Post Office.

Is this acceptable with the Visa applications?

I did not have any documents certified, not by post office or anyone else. Scanned copies are totally fine.

If you are uploading documents in support of your visa application these needs to be colour scans, you do not need to get them certified.

not necessarily, I was asked certified copy of wife's skill assessment even though they had granted 25 points (15 for degree and 10 for experience) in a previous visa application were she was main applicant.

This time I uploaded a very nice color scan and they did not seem satisfied. I am claiming 5 points now for skilled partner.

not necessarily, I was asked certified copy of wife's skill assessment even though they had granted 25 points (15 for degree and 10 for experience) in a previous visa application were she was main applicant.

This time I uploaded a very nice color scan and they did not seem satisfied. I am claiming 5 points now for skilled partner.

I think particularly important documents that affect the outcome of your visa such as passports, birth certificates, qualifications etc, are expected to be certified.

I think particularly important documents that affect the outcome of your visa such as passports, birth certificates, qualifications etc, are expected to be certified.

It does state on DIBP that colour copies are ok, as such I did not certify a single document and I had my visa granted very quickly.

"Certified copies"

Can someone confirm that in the UK who is a Magistrate be acceptable to certify documents. Looks like they are the same as a Justice of the Peace.

Thanks!:wink:

Justice of the peace is exactly that in the UK, they do not go by a different name. They tend to work in magistrates courts.