Recession

MelanieJS

Is Brisbane (or Australia as a whole) likely to go through a recession anytime soon? I keep hearing conflicting talk.

Anyone have any idea?

The 'boom' has definitely gone in some areas, although they were riding on a crest of a wave for some years

Perhaps look at it as an opportunity depending on what currency that you are reliant on, UK versus Oz $ seems depressed pending euro debate which isnt helping people with UK money

You will receive responses from people in Perth which has ridden a wave of mining jobs but is currently in a period of decline and rising unemployment it seems. Brisbane appears more 'steady as she goes' with little change in unemployment or the cost of housing over the years for example.

I don't see any signs of a recession in Brisbane but then recession on a personal level is not getting a well-paid job and there are winners and losers everywhere however the general economy is going.

Over the last 8 years i have read quite a few posts on here saying 'Aus is going into recession' as it stands, company's are still employing, new business are still opening up, houses are selling etc etc so i think things are ticking over just fine, albeit not to the extremes we saw 10 years ago.

Cal x

Archived