moving from Perth to Melbourne

Jennet

Hi

Due to a separation a fresh start is needed, my girls are keen to move to Melbourne, we are in Perth and I like the Weather, is there anyone on here who has moved from Perth, and what are the best suburbs for myself with two girls 19years and 11years.

My 19 year old has a friend in Melbourne from perth and informed her to go east.

thanks

look forward to a response.

I did it the other way. Melbourne is great but you wont get the weather you get here. You still get up in the 40's but maybe just a few days at a time. Lot colder in winter, jackets and scarves required. You will see a lot more rain as well. But saying that it is a great place to stay, there is always something going on in the city, loads more nightlife for your older girl. I lived in the Western Suburbs was ok but huge big new housing estates everywhere, I prefer the older suburb I am in here. I also think Perth is more sociable for families than Melbourne, maybe was just where I lived though.

Eastern suburbs are good- schools especially and easy to get to unis if you live near a trainline. It is very big compared with Perth, the suburbs sprawl and sprawl forever. Think London suburbs if you like though the CBD isn't nearly as big as London of course. Doesn't rain nearly as much as Sydney and in fact we have a drought but it can certainly be chilly- we have the fire going tonight.

Hi Starlight7

thanks for the information, My eldest daughter is thinking of going to uni, and i may to sort my UK education and training degree at a uni in Melbourne, I work in the crisis and homeless sector and i'm hoping i can get work within the same sector,before i make the move so i have income ASAP

Victoria is a compact state with a huge range of different landscapes and things to do but without having to travel the long distances like the big states. You have beach activities in the summer and snow sports in the nearby high country in winter. Melbournians love coffee, AFL, wine, theatre, horse racing, music, art and of course food which is the best in Oz. Everyone in Melbourne seems to go out for breakfast on the weekends. I prefer the outer southern suburbs on the bay - Mornington - Mt Eliza etc.

Victoria is a compact state with a huge range of different landscapes and things to do but without having to travel the long distances like the big states. You have beach activities in the summer and snow sports in the nearby high country in winter. Melbournians love coffee, AFL, wine, theatre, horse racing, music, art and of course food which is the best in Oz. Everyone in Melbourne seems to go out for breakfast on the weekends. I prefer the outer southern suburbs on the bay - Mornington - Mt Eliza etc.

And a huge range of different weather, and that is each day too:tongue:

Melbourne is great but you wont get the weather you get here. You will see a lot more rain as well. .

Actually we are desperate for rain in Melbourne. The reservoirs are well down and the desalination plant is about to be brought on line for the first time.

Melbourne gets less rainfall than any other city in Australia except Adelaide.

BB

Archived