CSOL - Or the list where you identify here a job is in demand ???

farfalla25

Hi All,

Another questions for you, I am a bit confused about the CSOL list, it identifies a list of jobs in demand, but I understand these professions are only in demand in certain regions? How do you find our which region requires which professions?

For example: If I wanted to try and secure a 187 visa with a profession outlined on the CSOL I believe I would first need to identify the region that profession? I remember speaking to an agent once and he said "yes that profession is on CSOL but only for Adelaide and Tasmaina" where do I find a break down of the region each profession is needed??

Hope this makes sense. Thank in advance to anyone who can help :-)

Hi All,

Another questions for you, I am a bit confused about the CSOL list, it identifies a list of jobs in demand, but I understand these professions are only in demand in certain regions? How do you find our which region requires which professions?

For example: If I wanted to try and secure a 187 visa with a profession outlined on the CSOL I believe I would first need to identify the region that profession? I remember speaking to an agent once and he said "yes that profession is on CSOL but only for Adelaide and Tasmaina" where do I find a break down of the region each profession is needed??

You can look at the state sponsorship lists, these can be found extremely easily viA Google, for example "nsw state sponsorship list".

However for the 187 visa you need to find a willing employer sponsor. No magic list for this, you just need to appply for jobs.

Hi All,

The CSOL is no longer relevant to the subclass 187. It has been replaced by the RSMSOL.

Each Region will then have their own requirements and in most cases the employer will need to demonstrate that the position cannot be filled from the local labour market.

I think 'in demand' is quite a misleading (maybe old fashioned???) term.... the lists include jobs that indicate a base marker of skills that someone has to have in order to 'qualify' to 'apply' for a visa or submit an EOI. A good example of this is teachers, they are on the list (although this is being reduced I think) but the oversupply here is enormous!