Aussie visiting UK with past convictions

xxlornaxx

If an Australian wanted to visit U.K for two or three weeks but had served 3 years in prison a few years ago plus some smaller charges...would they have to do anything different to get into the country? They don't want to end up being turned away on landing. Thanks

If they are Australian i wouldnt think they could be turned away.

Cal x

Surely only British citizens have the right to enter and anyone else could in theory be turned away?

Having said that though, I don't believe the UK landing card asks about convictions (unlike the Australian one) so I don't believe you even have to declare them at point of entry.

Surely only British citizens have the right to enter and anyone else could in theory be turned away?

Having said that though, I don't believe the UK landing card asks about convictions (unlike the Australian one) so I don't believe you even have to declare them at point of entry.

I thought the OP meant their friend was in the UK wanting to visit back here,, derrrr ignore me, it's been a long day ,lol

Cal x

From UK border agency site https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/australia/tourism not a lot information backing up statement ' might want to apply for visa if have a criminal record' . UK landing card does not seem to ask the question and as Australians dont need a visa for UK guess is one those things have to decide on remote chance of secondary interview at the border where may come up or try the visa which might not be successful.

Archived