When does the 5 years in a partner visa end?

Guest Guest116766

Guest Guest116766

Hi my girlfriend has already sponsored someone for a partner visa in the past 5 years. We would like to know when does the 5 year count begin, is it from when the initial application was lodged or when the actual visa was granted? had a look online but we are struggling to find this information.

Thanks, Ben.

Hi my girlfriend has already sponsored someone for a partner visa in the past 5 years. We would like to know when does the 5 year count begin, is it from when the initial application was lodged or when the actual visa was granted? had a look online but we are struggling to find this information.

Thanks, Ben.

I was told by an agent a few years back that it is from the date of the original application (either for Partner or for PMV)as that is when you agree to sponsor them, but I would suggest checking with an agent in case this has changed.

I just dug out my spouse's original 100 PR visa, and her 155 RRV. Both were from 'date of grant'. That being said, I agree with Nemesis that you should check out your situation, based on the type (subclass) of visa you have. With the Australian government changing laws, like I change my underwear, nothing is cast in concrete for very long....

This, from 'Part 9 - After you apply for your visa', from the July 2015 Partner Migration Booklet: The date is usually tied to theearliest date of the validity periods of any health and character checks you had as part of the process ofapplying for a partner category visa. The key term here, is ''usually." With my spouse's outcome in mind (date of grant), it would appear that the validity date(s) are somewhat arbitrary, and dependent on which side of the bed your case agent fell over on !!

This, from 'Part 9 - After you apply for your visa', from the July 2015 Partner Migration Booklet: The date is usually tied to theearliest date of the validity periods of any health and character checks you had as part of the process ofapplying for a partner category visa. The key term here, is ''usually." With my spouse's outcome in mind (date of grant), it would appear that the validity date(s) are somewhat arbitrary, and dependent on which side of the bed your case agent fell over on !!

The validity date of the visa is a separate issue to limitations on sponsorship. As per wrussell's post, the 5 year exclusion is based on date of lodgement.

I just dug out my spouse's original 100 PR visa, and her 155 RRV. Both were from 'date of grant'. That being said, I agree with Nemesis that you should check out your situation, based on the type (subclass) of visa you have. With the Australian government changing laws, like I change my underwear, nothing is cast in concrete for very long....

They are not talking about the 5 years travel permission, this is the 5 years before you can sponsor another spouse.