Living on Bribie Island?

drstu

Hi All,

I'm looking at a job on Bribie Island. Does anyone have any advice on the area for living etc? We have 3 children, 2 of school age, any thoughts re schools?

With thanks and best wishes,

Stu

...........it's a beautiful place ime....

..........here's a suberbs review.... http://www.homely.com.au/bribie-island-queensland

...........there are both a primary and secondary school....

............my boys went there.....though many years ago now.....but it's still a good school......afaik.....not heard anything to the contrary...

............beautiful beaches and a new hotel ,pub nearby in sandstone point.http://sandstonepointhotel.com.au

...........lots of eateries,parks and walkways...

............a great place for family's....

Bribie is lovely ,so if you can get a job on the island you will be laughing as its finding work near by that prevents lots of familys from moving there. The bridge in and out of Bribie can be a nightmare if theres an accident etc and the highway once you are out can be another pain, especially if heading towards Brisbane. They are currently offering some very reasonable house packages too so have a look at realestate.com to see what you can get for your money, i don't think you will dissapointed.

Cal x

Always see the house and land with marina berth adverts on motorway for 400k ish. So should be able to park your boat safely.

Bribie is a lively area, my mother and father in law live there, it's where we will base ourselves (if and when my visa is granted) until we find our feet! I even got married on the beach at Woorim in 2012!

Done a little bit of research about work, and will investigate further in due course !

We are looking at living at Bribie Island, as my hubby can base himself anywhere, and I will be working near North Lakes, I know that's a bit of a commute but I don't mind, too be able to live in a wonderful place, I'm so excited :)

Mango Hill is another nice area closer to North Lakes worth looking at.

Cal x

Also take a look at Murrumba Downs. Look at the street views on google. Classy estate on the southern side with southern part having access to water sports with it's own ramp (pine river).............. expensive but. Northern bits more affordable

Archived