Kids Football Soccer Clubs

ROCKYROCKS

In younger age groups (my only experience!) Rockingham have a good set up. When it gets to under 12's the system changes a bit I believe and it depends on the league of the senior team on what league they go in. The top league being NPL. Therefore the under 12's and up play against the junior squads of the best senior teams. I am presuming this is supposed to be a higher standard of soccer than other leagues.

http://www.footballwest.com.au/index.php?id=68

Here is a link and you can see team allocation for the top teams (if that's what they really are!) Personally I think you should get your boys down to the mighty Mandurah City!

I am looking to track down a decent football club for my two boys aged 11 & 12 for our arrival in early June.

We are looking around the Rockingham area as we will be living in Baldivis.

Any suggestions welcome.

Soccer or football ? :wink: Port Kennedy ( Soccer ) play n Warnbro, for all ages, my OH played for them when we first arrived.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I did mean soccer erm I mean football but not footy........confused lol

I have checked out the football West page, I reckon Port Kennedy or Rockingham would be the handiest. Mandurah might be a bit of chew for getting them to training etc. not impossible but somewhere closer would be better.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks for the replies folks.

I did mean soccer erm I mean football but not footy........confused lol

I have checked out the football West page, I reckon Port Kennedy or Rockingham would be the handiest. Mandurah might be a bit of chew for getting them to training etc. not impossible but somewhere closer would be better.

Would you like your accounts merging.

Rockingham, Port Kennedy and Mandurah are all good clubs for Juniors.

Rockingham and Mandurah have both joined the NPL this season for their kids teams so from U12's they will be playing the junior teams from the National Premier League such as Bayswater, ECU Joondalup and Perth SC. They have brought those clubs, plus a few others into the junior NPL to try and give the kids in those areas access to a higher level of coaching as they have to be at least a C license to coach a junior NPL team.

I have personally played against all three of those clubs at Vets level and both Rockingham and Mandurah have an excellent set up. I personally prefer Rockingham as I felt that the facilities were first class when I played down there last year. As a club, we are looking forward to heading down there this season as we received a pretty good welcome from them. That says a lot about a club for me. I can't comment on Port Kennedy's set up as we played them at home so I didn't get to see their facilities.

There are other clubs down there as well such as Cockburn (who are one of the established NPL teams) but I would imagine that Rockingham may be a good place to start for you. Just bear in mind that you will be arriving half way through the season and so most clubs will have their squads established. It may be an idea to try and contact the clubs any time from now to see if they may have any spaces. Some of the clubs have community sides in addition to the NPL/State League and so you may have to slot them in there for this season.

My son will also be playing against them this year for ECU and it will be interesting to see if there is much difference between the new clubs and the established NPL kids.

Edited by Si T

Thanks for he info, I will contact these clubs directly.

My eldest son plays as a goalkeeper at the highest level in our region, how big a difference there is between levels at his age group I'm not sure?

He is keen to play in anyway shape or form just so long as he is involved in football as soon as he is in Perth. However he does have designs on playing for the best team he can in time for the 2017 season. My younger son isn't bothered about the standard he just enjoys the kickabout and the team aspect of it all.

Overall it would seem there is much to be positive about regarding junior football in the area.

If he is looking at playing at as high a standard as possible then there are a few options open to him.

Perth Glory trials start around October/November but it is always worth looking at the NPL clubs who trial around the same time. There are a number of NPL clubs south of the river but the strongest junior clubs, in my experience, tend to be north. ECU Joondalup, Perth SC, Sorrento seem to be the clubs at or around the top of the tables year on year in juniors. Other clubs do get there or thereabouts but those three seem to consistently do it. Cockburn would be an established club south of the river, as would Armadale. New NPL Junior clubs would be Fremantle, Mandurah, Rockingham, Bunbury (South West Phoenix) and Melville.