AFP check came back not clear!!.... Advise please!!!

Dave tropz

Hay everybody, im looking for some advice. Im just about to lodge my 186 visa and all paperwork done and approved by visa agent. Only my AFP check came back with a notice of "disorderly behaviour" ( no frightening or anything just being drunk and silly) and I was fined $100 back in 2013. It is now 2016. It was nothing major, I was drunk and asked to move along by the police in Perth and I did so. I was just fined $100 and I knew nothing about the conviction until yesterday when I recieved my police check.

has this happened to anyone or know of anyone this has happened too, and was refused, or had the visa granted!!?

my agent says it should be fine but I just want to hear from other people's experiences!!??

please no smart answers, I'm really worried and I know it was stupid!!!

Hay everybody, im looking for some advice. Im just about to lodge my 186 visa and all paperwork done and approved by visa agent. Only my AFP check came back with a notice of "disorderly behaviour" ( no frightening or anything just being drunk and silly) and I was fined $100 back in 2013. It is now 2016. It was nothing major, I was drunk and asked to move along by the police in Perth and I did so. I was just fined $100 and I knew nothing about the conviction until yesterday when I recieved my police check.

has this happened to anyone or know of anyone this has happened too, and was refused, or had the visa granted!!?

my agent says it should be fine but I just want to hear from other people's experiences!!??

please no smart answers, I'm really worried and I know it was stupid!!!

If you were fined $100 how can you now nothing about it?! (thats not meant to be a smart answer, I'm just puzzled.)

Did you declare it?

If you were fined $100 how can you now nothing about it?! (thats not meant to be a smart answer, I'm just puzzled.)

Did you declare it?

Oh sorry!!.... No it's not smart answer. I mean I was fined in 2013, and paid the fine, no courts or police station or anything!, so I didn't think I was convicted of anything, just like a speeding fine etc Yano!!.

i didn't know I had a conviction until I got my check back yesterday!....

is this enough for my visa to be denied or is it more serious matter like, drugs, robbery, fraud etc?.

Try not to worry. Just make sure you declare it in your application and write a grovelling apology letter, about the circumstances, why you won't do it again etc.. Include that you can provide character references if required. Don't minimise it by saying things like "just fined $100" acknowledge that the commission of any offence is serious, but that you've learned your lesson and this was a one off situation.

Thanks very much for your response!!. It's hard not too worry, I've worked very hard over here in Perth for the past 4 years and I'd be heart broken if it ended over me doing something very stupid, it's the 1st and last time anything like this every happened to me. Oh I know, I don't mean to sound like its nothing, it's very serious!!, it's just i never thought it would have come again!!. I thought to have a conviction you'd have to be in court or arrested!!. Good idea I'll contact my agent and see if I should get a few references and an apology letter.

Guest Guest115110

Did you serve any jail time? You probably might need a submission from your agent addressing s501 of the migration act - just to be safe. This submission will address the character requirements. Don't be surprised if the DIBP officer requests additional information.

Did you serve any jail time? You probably might need a submission from your agent addressing s501 of the migration act - just to be safe. This submission will address the character requirements. Don't be surprised if the DIBP officer requests additional information.

Oh no!, no jail time!. I was drunk and just did something silly, no violence of fighting or anything like that. I was just handed a $100 fine and told to leave the area for 24hours ( I think it's a barring notice!!?? ) and I did I went straight home, and paid the fine when it arrived in the post, and never heard any more about it until yesterday.

Oh no!, no jail time!. I was drunk and just did something silly, no violence of fighting or anything like that. I was just handed a $100 fine and told to leave the area for 24hours ( I think it's a barring notice!!?? ) and I did I went straight home, and paid the fine when it arrived in the post, and never heard any more about it until yesterday.

Dave, as you indicated above that you have a migration agent, I think the best course of action is to discuss this with him. From the looks of it, you already have done so, so you're on the right track. Just give your agent all the information you've posted here, plus the documents you received back then (if you still have them).

Regards

Peter

Edited by ptlabs
Hit enter too early

Try not to worry. Just make sure you declare it in your application and write a grovelling apology letter, about the circumstances, why you won't do it again etc.. Include that you can provide character references if required. Don't minimise it by saying things like "just fined $100" acknowledge that the commission of any offence is serious, but that you've learned your lesson and this was a one off situation.

Do exactly what Isabel said and you will not have a prob