Best exchange rate/service for transfering money to Oz

If you are transferring large amounts open accounts with several fx companies and play each of against each other to get a better rate. Moneycorp do fee free transfers for members of this forum. We used Moneycorp to transfer the proceeds from our house and were very happy with the service provided. I'm not sure what all the other fx companies are but I'm sure other people will be able to list off a few.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

We used Moneycorp to transfer our house money as we received the best exchange rate, plus they have never had any negative feedback. Also if you open a NAB account there are no bank receiving fees for Pomsinoz members. I know our bank charged $45 for receiving the funds.

Last time I used currencyfair I actually transferred slightly above the current rate. I wouldn't worry about fees. I would look at total you would receive. Often uncompetitive rates are hidden in "fee free" providers.

We were intent on using moneycorp but ended up with using transferwise at the last minute.

Rate was much better, worked out 6c per £ better then moneycorp including taking fees into account which makes a massive difference.

Had some last minute dramas with our UK bank though (Lloyd's). Transfer was held up by the fraud team as I was using both a different laptop and phone than usual to setup the bank transfer.

Their system didn't like this. Frustrating but impressed they could tell.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y520-U12 using Tapatalk