Dental nurses!!!

Kel121178

If he doesn't get his rrv then will have to go down that road but I personally want to check out my other options if that makes sence , I know there are a huge amount of dentists out there and dental assistants vacancies are always being advertised, my partners daughter is qualified and works in Brisbane and she is always saying how nurses are in demand

Dental nurses have never been on the list are unlikely to be I don't reckon. Reason being people can train here to do it on the job, apprenticeship style.

Yes my Daughter was taken on as an apprentice many years ago and let go a few months in as she wasn't needed as there wasn't the work. This was in Brisbane too. Very easy to train locals and lots queuing to get in. Can't see why they'd need people from overseas.

There are a lot of dental assistant jobs being advertised. Are you already over there in aus? The only thing is if you land a job that you love, your employer falls in love with your hardworking nature and they sponsor you but then I guess it may work out cheaper to take on an apprentice than to sponsor someone. I'm not entirely sure how it works. But I do see a lot of dental nurse jobs going. I got my visa 6 weeks ago and I've just looked for dentist jobs and there are hardly any in the state I've been sponsored for. Starting to panic about the whole situation!

There are a lot of dental assistant jobs being advertised. Are you already over there in aus? The only thing is if you land a job that you love, your employer falls in love with your hardworking nature and they sponsor you but then I guess it may work out cheaper to take on an apprentice than to sponsor someone. I'm not entirely sure how it works. But I do see a lot of dental nurse jobs going. I got my visa 6 weeks ago and I've just looked for dentist jobs and there are hardly any in the state I've been sponsored for. Starting to panic about the whole situation!

You can only be sponsored if the job is on the SOL or CSOL - dental nurse isn't on either, therefore cannot be eligible for sponsorship.

Do a CV drop in the area(s) you want to work. Many practices have a surgery free 1 or 2 days a week. Or they may have someone wanting to drop a day or relocating/ mat leave etc but practice haven't advertised yet. If a decent CV lands on their doorstep it's easier and cheaper than advertising for someone.

In all honesty is it worth me sending cvs to dentists if my job is not on the skills list? As I won't be able to get a sponsor or a skills visa?

Nope, none at all. If you cannot get a visa with working rights then there is no point sending out CV's. It is not a role that is currently on the SOL or CSOL, therefore there is no pathway to PR or even a 457 visa. No employer will be able to employ you, offer you a job etc.

Archived