PTE

yorkshire rose

Hi, I sat this test back in October. If you are a native speaker the test is relatively easy so long as you familiarise yourself with the format and are ok on a computer / typing!

My hubby downloaded me the pearsons academic test book and cd rom. It helped a lot. I certainly suggest you try to get this. I worked my way through the book every evening in the 3 weeks running up to the test and it certainly helped. I scored superior.

You are in a room with others in little booths, the speaking part is first. I was the first to arrive so I had just finished my speaking part as others arrived and started theirs. At this point I was onto writing and the sounds of others speaking was a little off putting. Like I say I found it quite easy, easier than I expected you just need to get yourself into the zone. I closed my eyes on the repeat sentence and really concentrated. You have to as you only get one chance to listen to it.

I cannot comment on the IELTS as I never sat it but fro what others have said, PTE is not easier but I think its more fluid.

Good luck

Hi Rose,

I agree with @cjenky.

I seated for the PTE last November, and I used the official preparation material that you can buy online. You can buy also up to two real tests that you can do at home and they will be evaluated as the official one.

In my opinion it is essential to familiarize with the format.

When I started to exercise myself it looked quite difficult, but the result was good.

I did 4 times the IELTS with really variable results and every time missing the goal for 0.5, after a preparation of 2 wks at night I seated for the PTE. I obtained exactly the same overall results of the IELTS (7) but in the single sections the PTE is much more reliable and less variable.

And with the PTE I received the results at midnight of the same day of the test...

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I bookmarked this for the same reason. Someone in another post shared it... https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BxSAhiEs5XzvX3lNSnRxc3NWcU0?pli=1#identifier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks really helpful. Thanks!

I am currently prepping for the exam. English has never been my strong point (Maths i can do easy!), so every little helps.

Thank you all so much for your help i am pleased to say I passed the test , sat it on Wednesday and had the results the following morning. I now have a spare book if anybody would like to borrow it x

Hi there, do you still have the book? I would love to borrow it if possible. I am planning on doing this test soon so would be ideal for preparation before hand.

How was your experience? I sat the IELTS 2 weeks ago but didn't get enough points in Writing (scored 6 but need min.8), so willing to try the PTE instead.

Thank you

Thank you all so much for your help i am pleased to say I passed the test , sat it on Wednesday and had the results the following morning. I now have a spare book if anybody would like to borrow it x

Hi coukd I borrow your book it would be a great help.I'm in Cardiff Wales & could pay for postage?

Thanks

This looks really helpful. Thanks!

I am currently prepping for the exam. English has never been my strong point (Maths i can do easy!), so every little helps.

Not a problem, I'm yet to do mine so I'm just gathering resources at the minute.

Archived