Employment references

telic1

Hi,

looking for a bit of advice, have started gathering all the paperwork I need for skills assessment (anmac) however they are looking for employment references for last 10 years!

Can an that be from HR or does it need to be my old manager?

any help would be appreciated TIA

Hi, I didn't submit a reference for Vetassess I did a statutory declaration stating it would jepodise my job if they knew of my intentions to emigrate. I had no issue with this, just an option for you.

I believe a reference from HR is fine as long as they list your duties etc.

HR is fine. You will require all the same documentation to apply to AHPRA as well so get two certified copies of everything! I've worked for the same NHS trust for over 10 years and all HR would provide was a letter stating my start date, my current role and that I was still employed. It was about two lines! My manager then had to write a reference which covered it all in depth and related it to my ANZSCO code. I've recently done both and had then both come back positive so feel free to ask me any questions and if I can answer them I will!

We too are at this stage. My wife is just waiting for HR of current and previous trust to get back with statement of service for Ahpra. Then it's doing the ICHC and getting all docs certified. Uni have sent paperwork already and we will instruct NMC same time as submitting application. So much to do inc de-cluttering by selling stuff on Facebook and eBay. We are aiming to have visas by this time next year with view to moving 2017-2018 dependent on jobs etc.

Hi,

looking for a bit of advice, have started gathering all the paperwork I need for skills assessment (anmac) however they are looking for employment references for last 10 years!

Can an that be from HR or does it need to be my old manager?

any help would be appreciated TIA

Hi Telic1,

HR can do statement of service for AHPRA as described by other confirming that you work with the trust for so long and whether post was full time and permanent.

However reference for ANMAC needs to be from your managers/ former manager. They require it to be more detail ( see template on their website). They won't accept generic job description...

• 2 months later...

Is official letterhead a must in the reference letter? My manger has signed the reference letter for me but it is company policy not to write reference letters to employees (How weird of this policy...) so i don't have official letterhead in my reference letter. Really don't know whether ANMAC accepts it.

My manger has signed the reference letter for me but it is company policy not to write reference letters to employees (How weird of this policy...) .

It's a very common policy these days, HR departments are worried that the company will be sued if a manager recommends someone who doesn't live up to their reference. As a manager, I've always written my own in defiance of HR, I must admit!

Is official letterhead a must in the reference letter? My manger has signed the reference letter for me but it is company policy not to write reference letters to employees (How weird of this policy...) so i don't have official letterhead in my reference letter. Really don't know whether ANMAC accepts it.

I would imagine letterhead is a must, otherwise how can ANMAC know its your manager? I think if I recall correctly on their reference guide ANMAC specifically mention letterhead.

It's not a reference letter (e.g. John was a fantastic employee), it's really a confirmation of employment/role letter (John held the position of Software Engineer and his responsibilities included the following....). We don't provide the former on letterhead, but I've provided several of the latter with no concern.

Archived