I need PMV advice

Jujuu

Hi, I'm a new member to this forum :) and hoping someone can help here.

Just needing some clarity over some of the Partner Migration Visa requirements.

Regarding the "What documents do you need?" section of the 40SP form (Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia), its states:

"You will also need to demonstrate that you will be able to meet your sponsorship obligations as undertaken by you when you complete and sign this form.... The information requested on this form, including documents relating to your employment and income, will assist the decision-maker in deciding whether you are able to meet these obligations".

I am planning to sponsor my partner so... do I actually need to be working to prove sponsorship for a PMV to be approved?? What if I am not working because I am studying and under a Centrelink student payment?

-- Is it OK, but more favourable to DIBP if I'm working?

AND

Is it an absolute requirement to provide a bank statement as a sponsor (same as a sponsor would under a visitor visa) with a certain amount of money for this PMV application to be approved??

I appreciate any help!

They used to ask for financial info but stopped a few years ago. If the sponsor is on Centrelink it might he if the applicant includes their current job info, and a resume, and maybe writes something in the statement about the sort of work they will be looking for.

All DIBP need to be able to see is that the sponsor (or sponsor and aplicant together) will be able to survive as the applicant can't claim benefits.

I know a couple of people who sponsored successfully whle on benefits.

At the time I applied, my wife (my sponsor) was on benefits and I had a job offer in Australia. I just wrote this on the form and it didn't cause an issue. Nobody can guarantee absolutely that they won't run into financial trouble - all it takes is to lose a job or fall sick - but I think DIBP at least want to know that there's a plan in place.

Archived