Fish and chips recommendations for Brisbane

Wooba

im liking this! I thought we were about to relocate to Sydney but now Brisbane has cropped up unexpectedly! I did say to hubby, first thing you do is take me to that english chippy near the gold coast!! Im fully aussie and acclimatized but a bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone!!

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately it's a bit far. I'm in the CBD and we're using the bus to get around.

Additionally, and I apologize to the purists, but I saw some photographs from the place and I don't like those kind of chips. I have to say the chips in Australia have been awesome in pretty much every restaurant that I've had some. Far superior to Canada for the most part.

Fish and chips at Gilhooleys in Brisbane CBD are the best I've had in Australia! I don't much like British style chips either, way too greasy!

I suspect I will feel the same eventually! I always found fish and chips to be an anti-climax, we really wanted them that night but afterwards we felt disappointed! and that started in the UK, its just a fish and chip thing for us, they never live up to the mouth watering thought of them ha ha!!!

Archived