Skills assessment and submitting a EOI for a 189 visa (timing)

Justintooz

Hi all!

just starting out on applying for a 189 visa for my family. Sent my paperwork to the assessing body last week for secondary teachers. They say it can take up to 10 weeks to process.

my question is this: I have completed the expression of interest online but have not submitted it yet. I read that they give you 60 days to collect all the documents should they invite me to apply for the visa - that is off the EOI is positive. So do I submit my EOI (expression of interest) even though I might not hear back from the skills body until after the 60 days expire? Or do I wait a few weeks, then submit the EOI knowing that I shall hear back from the skills assessing body (aitsl) before the 60 days are up?

im a little confused and would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks folks!

justin

You must have a valid skills assessment at the time you are invited. If you submit an EOI now, you run the risk of receiving your invitation before you receive your skills assessment.

Thanks Maggie :)

So I have to await the outcome of the skills assessment then before submitting my EOI.

Just reading a little more on here and people suggest to submit an EOI for a 190 visa too? What happens if I get invited for both (that's optimism!!) Which is better (a greater chance of success I guess)? Which is faster? and cheaper? is it free to submit an EOI?

sorry for all the questions ....

Thanks for replies ...much appreciated.

Yu must withdraw the eoi. Even if you get the assessment back in time, you risk the visa being refused and loss of the fee and even a ban from applying. Likewise, if you are doing ILETS. You must have the result before the eoi.

Thanks stormy .....I hadn't submitted it. So I'll await the assessment result before submitting. ?

Hey Justin, I'm currently in the same boat. Applied for Special Needs Teacher assessment with AITSL. I'm 2 weeks in and the wait is horrendous. Are you doing an English test to boost your points? Be nice to keep in touch and compare notes?

Leah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Justin, I'm currently in the same boat. Applied for Special Needs Teacher assessment with AITSL. I'm 2 weeks in and the wait is horrendous. Are you doing an English test to boost your points? Be nice to keep in touch and compare notes?

Leah

Hi Leah !

Sounds like a great idea.

No I assumed that being from an English speaking country (Ireland) with a tertiary level education would be considered to be highly conversant in the English language?! obviously not?

Which visa/s are you applying for Leah?

Justin

It will take the ten weeks to come back from AITSL. I submitted mine from Cyprus, it had to go via the UK first so instead of 2 weeks to get to OZ it took a whole month but it still took 10 weeks for them to contact me via email to say the result is ready and another 2 weeks to receive the result in the post.

You will not be able to claim points for superior English unless you have taken a IELTS or equivalent. If you can get enough points without taking the test great.

Good luck.

Hi Leah !

Sounds like a great idea.

No I assumed that being from an English speaking country (Ireland) with a tertiary level education would be considered to be highly conversant in the English language?! obviously not?

Which visa/s are you applying for Leah?

Justin

I'm going to go for the 189 and the 190 and see what comes about first.

It is enough for the English language requirement but it's helpful to boost points and make you a more competitive candidate. Apparently some states prefer candidates with higher English scores so I think it's definitely worth doing!

Leah

Hi Guys,

I am going to jump on board if that's ok! I just sent off my skill assessment last Friday (19/2/16) to AITSL for Special Needs Teacher. I am heading into the Local Garda Station this week with all my documents to sort out the Police Clearance Check so hopefully I will be ready to submit the next stages documents as soon as I get back these results (assuming they are positive!). We are hoping to head back to Australia around September time which is cutting it pretty fine. Have ye got a timeline?

I'm hoping for a quick turn around too. My daughter is Australian and her father and I are separated. He's back in Aus and she's not seen him in months. We're moving so that she can have a relationship with her dad. I'm hoping to be out by the end of the year but the sooner the better I think.

I've planned to have my English done by April 22nd and aiming to book the medicals for shortly after that, I only require a UK police clearance so I'm leaving that until last to do.

Are you going to upload form 80 and 1221 as front loaded docs too or are you going to wait until you are asked/ if you're asked?

Leah

I'm hoping for a quick turn around too. My daughter is Australian and her father and I are separated. He's back in Aus and she's not seen him in months. We're moving so that she can have a relationship with her dad. I'm hoping to be out by the end of the year but the sooner the better I think.

I've planned to have my English done by April 22nd and aiming to book the medicals for shortly after that, I only require a UK police clearance so I'm leaving that until last to do.

Are you going to upload form 80 and 1221 as front loaded docs too or are you going to wait until you are asked/ if you're asked?

Leah

hey Leah,

is the english test hard? Require a lot of work? Cost much? still can't believe it's necessary ...... Must be quite a few Oscar wildes in Australia!

Was going to get the police clearance done once I hear back and it's positive.....only takes a week I hear. I need an oz police clearance too as I lived there.

whats the form 80 and 1221 Leah? Visa application forms I'm assuming for both visa types ? (189 and 190).

justin

Hi Guys,

I am going to jump on board if that's ok! I just sent off my skill assessment last Friday (19/2/16) to AITSL for Special Needs Teacher. I am heading into the Local Garda Station this week with all my documents to sort out the Police Clearance Check so hopefully I will be ready to submit the next stages documents as soon as I get back these results (assuming they are positive!). We are hoping to head back to Australia around September time which is cutting it pretty fine. Have ye got a timeline?

hi laoibhse,

welcome! So which visas are you applying for? September isn't that long away ......

you doing the ielts test too to gain more English points?

justin

hey Leah,

is the english test hard? Require a lot of work? Cost much? still can't believe it's necessary ...... Must be quite a few Oscar wildes in Australia!

Was going to get the police clearance done once I hear back and it's positive.....only takes a week I hear. I need an oz police clearance too as I lived there.

whats the form 80 and 1221 Leah? Visa application forms I'm assuming for both visa types ? (189 and 190).

justin

Im going for the PTE A its £155 and I don't plan on doing much for it tbh. Just going to brush up on some punctuation and grammar and hope for the best.

Forms 80 and 1221 can be requested by CO's it's basically a breakdown of your addresses, education, work history, friends and family in aus and their contact details. That kind of thing. Not everyone is asked for them but I'm still thinking it's worth taking the time and just have them ready to go.

Leah

Im going for the PTE A its £155 and I don't plan on doing much for it tbh. Just going to brush up on some punctuation and grammar and hope for the best.

Forms 80 and 1221 can be requested by CO's it's basically a breakdown of your addresses, education, work history, friends and family in aus and their contact details. That kind of thing. Not everyone is asked for them but I'm still thinking it's worth taking the time and just have them ready to go.

Leah

thanks Leah,

just had a look at booking a test in and they are pretty popular. None available In Bristol at all which is where I am based.

Completing those forms makes sense I guess - just in case.

Do do know if the aitsl processing of skills can be faster than 10 weeks?

I've looked everywhere to see if there's anyone who's received their assessment faster but most stories are they receive an email after ten weeks and then get the certificate a couple of weeks later. :(

Leah

• 1 month later...
thanks Leah,

just had a look at booking a test in and they are pretty popular. None available In Bristol at all which is where I am based.

Completing those forms makes sense I guess - just in case.

Do do know if the aitsl processing of skills can be faster than 10 weeks?

I submitted my application on 3/12/2015 and it took 5 working days to receive confirmation email, which is 10/12/2015, and then it took exactly 7 weeks to receive email from aitsl saying that my application was complete. That date was 9/2/2016. Actually the waiting time was more than 7 weeks because that included christmas and new year period and aitsl was closed. Right now I am waiting for my 190 visa granted. By the way, I'm a recent graduate from Australian university. Good luck!

10wks this week since AITSL received our docs, still waiting to hear í*½í¹„

Arrrrrh

8 weeks today for me. I've been hoping for a quick turn around since they have a new 'acting manager'. Doesn't look like it's going to be though :(

I too completed my skills assessment a while ago ...... have had the email to say its in the post but don't know the outcome. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Same here,we have had an email to say the result has been posted out ......... Arrrrrh

we have gathered EOI stuff together to submit straight away if skills assessment is positive!!

Archived