Leaning Disability Nursing in Australia..

Guest liz_b

Does anyone have any advice for a Learning Disability Nurse looking for work in Australia.. We were hoping to move to Perth but the qualification is not recognised in W.A. We have been told to head for Sydney or New Zealand... The high cost of living in Sydney puts me off, although i have never been.. What do you think????? Liz & family,,,.......

• 7 months later...
Guest stephdavidandtheboys

Hi Liz

Your skills are in demand in South Australia. I'm in the same boat as yourself and was going to just go to Victoria on a family visa and retrain.

I'm having second thoughts as I love what I do and yet Victoria don't have a LD training programme and haven't done since 1990.

Check Adelaide out... the house prices look more reasonable too.

Regards

Steph

• 1 year later...

I am looking for a learning disabilities nursing Job in Australia, what are my chance s of getting one. The pathway does not seem popular out there , I currently live in the UK. Ta

Sithembiso

It's not something I have heard of here either. Mental Health nurses are in high demand as are geriatric carers but I hadnt come across any LD nurses. The closest I have met would be the school nurses we have in our special schools but they are few and far between.

• 3 years later...

Archived