190 Subclass Visa Darwin

Rain80w

Morning All,

I have been chatting to a lady who works for Global Migrate, my family and I have been looking to move to Australia for some time. Lisa said that I would be eligible for the subclass 190 and we would be sent to a nominated state which is Darwin NT.

Is anyone on here living in Darwin??? What is like??? Furthest North we have been is Cairns.

Have you researched your agent in terms of being a reputable MARA registered agent?

Perhaps use the forum search feature on here to see what turns up? I am pretty sure there is a thread or two about them, one might be locked, perhaps cast your eyes over those and ensure you research the company before signing on the dotted line.

What is your trade/profession out of interest? And is the NT your only option nomination wise? Darwin isn't everyones cup of tea and all that, though others are happy as anything there :) Different folks and all that.

Lived and worked in darwin for 18 months.. we are also going back on a 190 visa.. it really isnt for everyone but we loved it. Bare in mind its a tropical climate so do some research on that. No swimming in the sea also as you might bump into a croc or a box jellyfish. The dry season is beautiful. You wont see a drop of rain for months and there is a cool wavepool for the kids. If youd like any more info just ask

Have you researched your agent in terms of being a reputable MARA registered agent?

Perhaps use the forum search feature on here to see what turns up? I am pretty sure there is a thread or two about them, one might be locked, perhaps cast your eyes over those and ensure you research the company before signing on the dotted line.

What is your trade/profession out of interest? And is the NT your only option nomination wise? Darwin isn't everyones cup of tea and all that, though others are happy as anything there :) Different folks and all that.

Yes we have done some research and I am aware that Global Migrate will take our money and then pass us on to someone else. I did read a thread on her about Global Migrate. My Brother-In-Law has put us in touch with a Migration Lawyer in Sydney, where my family are currently residing.

I am a Comlimentary Therapist and Beauty Therapist, currently running my own business.

Thanks for Your Reply xxx

Thank You so much......will probably be asking you more questions as soon as we have our visa accepted........which we know is going to take some time, haven't started the process yet :err:

Thanks bobbie2016, haven't started the ball rolling yet, will definitely be asking you more questions!!!! Apparently, we don't have to stay in Darwin, because we have family and friends in other States, we can write to the Government and tell them we have job offers in another State!!!!!

I would defiantly speak to another Agent one that is MARA registered.

Have you looked at the requirements for State Nomination from NT, they require proof of large amount of funds, and often if they think you will not remain in the state for the 2 years will only offer 489 nomination which is a provisional visa to remain in regional Australia for 2 years.

Also you should look at the NT occupation list as I don't believe beauty theripist is on it.

Have you looked at the requirements for State Nomination from NT, they require proof of large amount of funds, and often if they think you will not remain in the state for the 2 years will only offer 489 nomination which is a provisional visa to remain in regional Australia for 2 years.

Also you should look at the NT occupation list as I don't believe beauty theripist is on it.

The lady I spoke to said I would be able to get a Salon Manager position. We are looking into this further.

The lady I spoke to said I would be able to get a Salon Manager position. We are looking into this further.

You will need to look at the requirements for passing the skills assessment for salon manager, this is why it is best to speak to a registered migration agent.

Guest Guest114430
Morning All,

I have been chatting to a lady who works for Global Migrate, my family and I have been looking to move to Australia for some time. Lisa said that I would be eligible for the subclass 190 and we would be sent to a nominated state which is Darwin NT.

Is anyone on here living in Darwin??? What is like??? Furthest North we have been is Cairns.

On a 190 visa, you wouldn't have to stay in darwin for anytime at all if you didnt want to!! To stay and work in your sponsored state is only a moral obligation on the 190!!

you can go anywhere you like upon landing!!

On a 190 visa, you wouldn't have to stay in darwin for anytime at all if you didnt want to!! To stay and work in your sponsored state is only a moral obligation on the 190!!

you can go anywhere you like upon landing!!

Which is why the Northern Territory is increasingly only sponsoring on 489s as it is aware that many 190s jump state as soon as they land!

http://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/0/Downloads/qualification_assessment/VETASSESS-General-Occupation-List.pdf?vid=100

You will require at lease diploma level of qualification and certain number of years highly relevant post qualification work experience at the appropriate skill level to pass the skills assessment.

Yes, I know I have a Diploma and an NVQ......I have emailed all certificates to my Brother-In-law and he has had them checked out for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi rain80w,

we we are looking to move to Oz and I'm a qualified senior therapist. My qualifications are Australian as I went out on a student visa for two years. I was looking at applying for a 190 visa as a salon manager but there doesn't seem to be any salon manager jobs from what I can see?! The other states have plenty, have you looked into this?

Just got off the phone, my Husband has spoken to several people regarding the subclass 190 and we no longer qualify.......totally gutted right now and don't see any other viable options to get us in to Australia

Just got off the phone, my Husband has spoken to several people regarding the subclass 190 and we no longer qualify.......totally gutted right now and don't see any other viable options to get us in to Australia

I would recommend you speak to another agent for an assessment. Try giving Go Matilda a call.

Why do you no longer qualify ?

Why do you no longer qualify ?

Aparently my qualifications aren't up to scratch........ Even though I sent them out to my Brother in Law who lives in Sydney, he said they were higher than what was needed. Feel totally deflated and upset today.

Aparently my qualifications aren't up to scratch........ Even though I sent them out to my Brother in Law who lives in Sydney, he said they were higher than what was needed. Feel totally deflated and upset today.

Does your BiL work for the assessing authority or Immigration? They are the ones who make the decisions, not a family member.

Does your BiL work for the assessing authority or Immigration? They are the ones who make the decisions, not a family member.

He has a friend that works in Immigration, who looked at them for me. I also spoke to a girl from Global Migrate who said my Reflexology Diploma was fine, and that as I had been running my own Beauty business for over 5 years I could apply for Salon Manager.

He has a friend that works in Immigration, who looked at them for me. I also spoke to a girl from Global Migrate who said my Reflexology Diploma was fine, and that as I had been running my own Beauty business for over 5 years I could apply for Salon Manager.

Never ever work on advice from immigration. They have a legal indemnity for giving bad advice and they often do. In fact it is a regular thing on here to come across posts from people in a problem because of advice from immigration If people complain to them for bad advice, they are told they should have spoken to a registered migration agent. If a registered migration agent therefore has said your qualifications are good enough, then that is what you follow.

My advice is to appoint the agent to do the entire visa.

Archived