January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be bitter sweet news @thelostcrab but I got my Grant email this morning 6am. Which is weird because @GarrySingh got his yesterday and he's been waiting since his last document submission which was Feb, a good 2 months before me.

Hopefully this is good news for you because they seem to be moving along with applications and i can imagine you won't have to wait too much longer.

I'll stay with the thread till you've got yours, wouldn't be fair not to support the last one in the pack of Jan Applicants :) after that, i think i'm done with looking at visa information for a while :S

It'll be 10 months today for the whole visa application process. 3 days off 5 months since last document submitted.

Hehehe.. this is indeed a very great news. It gives me hope and at least more motivation to wait less now :)

I hope I also get the grant very soon now, fingers crossed!

Thanks so much @lukescotty, at least I won't feel lonely on this thread while you are around. I had already started feeling left out on the group :(

My last document/update was submitted on the 21st May, so it's still 3.5 months since last submission. That was not requested from them but my agent updated them about my new job. Also I have not heard anything from my previous employers regarding any confirmation email or call on my ex-employments. So I am not sure if they are even enquiring or doing any sort of verification, I don't see any movement till today.

This might be bitter sweet news @thelostcrab but I got my Grant email this morning 6am. Which is weird because @GarrySingh got his yesterday and he's been waiting since his last document submission which was Feb, a good 2 months before me.

Hopefully this is good news for you because they seem to be moving along with applications and i can imagine you won't have to wait too much longer.

I'll stay with the thread till you've got yours, wouldn't be fair not to support the last one in the pack of Jan Applicants :) after that, i think i'm done with looking at visa information for a while :S

It'll be 10 months today for the whole visa application process. 3 days off 5 months since last document submitted.

@lukescotty: Rightly said, I too stay with you (@thelostcrab) till your grant arrives..

Yep, and the answer was we know and understand your frustrations, and we are doing our best to finalize your case, but as you know each case has it's own specifications and it will take time and so forth and so on. They said they can not give any details at this moment and I have to wait. The generic reply they give to almost everyone, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

@keytofreedom if you can't answer some of those questions then you really aren't capable in doing the visa yourself. My advice is find yourself a migration officer and secondly open a new thread instead of hijacking a Jan applicants thread for people who submitted their application in.... (You guessed it)...... January. There's two people on here which is like to follow their progress @snifter , please removed the above thread.

@keytofreedom if you can't answer some of those questions then you really aren't capable in doing the visa yourself. My advice is find yourself a migration officer and secondly open a new thread instead of hijacking a Jan applicants thread for people who submitted their application in.... (You guessed it)...... January. There's two people on here which is like to follow their progress @snifter , please removed the above thread.

I have moved the post in question so it has its own thread.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/251995-subclass-189-questions.html

I have moved the post in question so it has its own thread.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/251995-subclass-189-questions.html

Hello All,

Sorry have been away from the forum for quite a while. Glad to know Luke and Garry have got their grant. At least I am happy the scores and moving up on the board. I am still waiting for that lucky day. I had lodged visa in Dec,2015 with 60 points and still waiting. May be my points are too low to catch any eyes of any CO. :(

:mad::mad:

Any update guys?

@GarrySingh 12th Feb

@thelostcrab 30th March

@Sulav Patel

Hows @Charlottehill76 @Priscilla101 have you made the move yet?

.... not a sausage on my end

We arrived in Sydney on 28th Sept. Staying with friends in Waterloo and looking on a daily basis for our own rental but no joy yet. Job interviews today, bank accounts been opened just waiting for our cards to arrive.

When I spoke to them over the phone, when I was "complaining about mine" I asked them whether this 3 month service time resets every time you're asked for more documents, in which they said no... therefore no applications should in theory take longer than the full 6 months. I find it hard to believe as mine was 10 months to the date.

Send them an email for sure!!

@Charlottehill76 nice, I got here 2 days before you :P straight back into work... man I forgot how hot it was here.

Hi @GarrySingh,

Thanks Garry. The latest update on my case is that my last employer got a call 2 weeks ago and as per HR she has verified my job details.

I spoke to my agent yesterday and he said, it will take another 1-2 months at least before we get the decision as they would verify the case from the high commission as well and the cases are sent in bulk so it normally takes around 2 months. I don't know how true is that but will have to wait.

Also, the agent said that DIBP has changed the policy on email replies and clearly mentioned that they wont reply or give any update on visa statuses. Again, I don't know how true is that.

My friend just got his grant last week, he logged his application on Feb so it took around 8 months. Also no verification was done in his case.

Hi all,

@thelostcrab: Cheers dude, I don't think you'll be waiting for 2 months. After verification from my employer, they've taken approx 20 days for the grant. So I think you'll get your grant in the next two weeks (fingers crossed).

Regarding change of email policy, I don't think there isn't any change. Didn't know on what grounds your agent is suggesting this. But don't worry, wait for some time now, as there is some movement in your case.

Keep us posted for any updates.