Life in NZ after Aus??

Cruz

Hi,

I went to Aus a few years ago on a WHV - loved every minute of it, but had to return to the UK, due to unforseeable circumstances.

However, after doing some research, I saw that I would be eligible for a NZ WHV.

I will be honest in saying, its a country that I don't know much about.

I have spoken to friends that have visited there previously and loved it...but said they missed the busy city life feel of Aus -( we all lived in Sydney Previously)

Has anyone been to both countries that could give me a realistic comparison?

I'm a city person a heart, but always up for trying something different.

Thanks for any info

I am a big city person and I find NZ really "small and restricting" in regards to what you can do and where you can go. It is quite gloomy and cold, in a way that I have never expected it to be. I disliked it so much that I had to resign and leave a great company, only because I could not imagine myself staying for the whole duration of my project. People are really nice and nature is beautiful, but this is all for me. I could never live there.

I am a big city person and I find NZ really "small and restricting" in regards to what you can do and where you can go. It is quite gloomy and cold, in a way that I have never expected it to be. I disliked it so much that I had to resign and leave a great company, only because I could not imagine myself staying for the whole duration of my project. People are really nice and nature is beautiful, but this is all for me. I could never live there.

Were you in the South Island Diana ?

I think the South Island is very different to the North Island.

The north Island is pretty similar to Australia I think.

Living and working in Auckland would be much the same as living and working in an Australian city.

I was born In New Zealand! Have been in the Uk 12 years now.

Cultrually Australia and New Zealand are very similar, but that is about where the similaries end.

New Zealand does get cold in winter,( never have snow on the ground only up on the mountains) But nice in summer, still lots of great beaches.

Some people love New Zealands rustic, old fashioned feel.

I think a lot depends on your job, wages tend to be lower than oz, and house prices are very high in Auckland.

Auckland also has very limited public transport, and suffers from bad traffic jams.

If you love friendly people and outdoor activities, you may really like it.