It's getting Hot In Herre

HelensvaleHoward

A lot of people need to toughen up here, I work outside, though I do spend some time in the site office which has aircon (air con sheds have only being about on our smaller jobs in the last 5 rears or so), today I have about 20 guys outside working 10 hrs when they have smoko/lunch about half of them choose to eat outside (under shade) instead of in the aircon shed. Other than general talk about the weather/temp no complaints from them. As an other poster has said here in SE Qld we rarely get the 40 plus temps like the southern states and Perth and even then I can only recall a couple occasions in the last 16 years and that was more out to the west of Brisbane. I have also worked in Adelaide when it was 45 for about a week and we were also laying hot asphalt at that time.

That's what it is deal with it, worrying about the bad things does not make them go away it just stops you enjoying the good things!

My OH worked outside year round. In the summer he and his mates started work at 6:00 am and finished at 2:30 pm.

In the UK I worked outside in all weathers when I was vet nursing. How I grew to loathe snow. Horrible stuff but as you say Keith, you just get on with it. Part of the job - no use whining about it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My OH worked outside year round. In the summer he and his mates started work at 6:00 am and finished at 2:30 pm.

In the UK I worked outside in all weathers when I was vet nursing. How I grew to loathe snow. Horrible stuff but as you say Keith, you just get on with it. Part of the job - no use whining about it.

Wish I had a partime job like your OH did:wink:.

A lot of people need to toughen up here, I work outside, though I do spend some time in the site office which has aircon (air con sheds have only being about on our smaller jobs in the last 5 rears or so), today I have about 20 guys outside working 10 hrs when they have smoko/lunch about half of them choose to eat outside (under shade) instead of in the aircon shed. Other than general talk about the weather/temp no complaints from them. As an other poster has said here in SE Qld we rarely get the 40 plus temps like the southern states and Perth and even then I can only recall a couple occasions in the last 16 years and that was more out to the west of Brisbane. I have also worked in Adelaide when it was 45 for about a week and we were also laying hot asphalt at that time.

That's what it is deal with it, worrying about the bad things does not make them go away it just stops you enjoying the good things!

Ok sorry I made a post about it being hot and humid

I will man up and deal with it instead of posting it on a forum

And that's the beauty of Brisbane/ SEQ, the most consistent and very few extreme's..............Paradise !

We need a PIO Brisbane version of Flag, way too much positivity over here. Need some more doom and gloom. Traffic was bad today, could dwell on that but I walked to work :cool:

Ok sorry I made a post about it being hot and humid

I will man up and deal with it instead of posting it on a forum

Yeah! don't do it again Howard:wink: I was more aiming (as you well know) at those that really whinge and whine about it being unbearable and unlivable.

PS. do not post about the wet English weather either!

We need a PIO Brisbane version of Flag, way too much positivity over here. Need some more doom and gloom. Traffic was bad today, could dwell on that but I walked to work :cool:

But then we would not be in Paradise!

How could you walk about in this hot humid weather though? unheard of nobody does it, life must be put on hold until May when conditions are set to improve and you can wear your beanie:laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen

Humid - you Southerners don't know what humid is :tongue: try living in FNQ. Since getting home last week I have really struggled and I'm the one who loves the heat. Even the air cons can't cope.

Humid - you Southerners don't know what humid is :tongue: try living in FNQ. Since getting home last week I have really struggled and I'm the one who loves the heat. Even the air cons can't cope.

.........it's because we've been spoilt with such a lovely summer.....!

.........February's humidity........is sweaty and draining....

.........now........if we were used to it.....!

..........we'd have no excuse.....:tongue:

..........hope your good btw......:hug:

Stacey, how could anyone ever block you! But I suspect you can raise a few temperatures amongst the boys now and again:wink:

haha not these days!! Believe me - you'll want to block me with the amount of moaning I'll be doing. I'm actually really worried about the weather now but I can't back out. That wouldn't be fair

Guest The Pom Queen
Not another whinger!:arghh:

Hey I have to keep up the reputation of being a whinging Pom :tongue:

Seriously we have had 5 maybe 6 years up here but this year feels hotter than ever, although it may be because we moved to a Queenslander last year. Having no wet season doesn't help although this is suppose to change in the next few days thank goodness.

Guest The Pom Queen
While the weather up there will be at times uncomfortable It's not worth worrying about. Plenty of options to negate it when bad, swimming, AC etc

But she is sleeping in a tent with no aircon, unless she sets the tent up in Central (Westfield) she is going to struggle. Just make sure you are out all the time Stacey, it's a good excuse to sit in the pub from 10am - 3am lol

Guest The Pom Queen
Watch out for the crocs in Townsville TPQ!

We don't have many down here, just one who hangs out at Pallarenda. There have been a few on Cairns beaches these last few weeks, but then this is the time of year they seem active. The last one was at Kewarra beach.