309 to 100 Visa Processing Times

alavington

Hi guys,

Haven't really looked at the forum for a while as I've been busy settling into life in Sydney. I received an e-mail the other day from Immigration, saying that my 100 visa is going to be assessed shortly. I've done all the app on my Immi-Account but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the current processing time? One customer service person told me 12-14 months, another 6 months, and a colleague of mine got his through in only 4 months! It doesn't make any difference obviously, but it'd be nice to have an idea as to when to expect the grant.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

I checked online recently and the processing time for the 100 is six months for low risk countries, on- and off-shore.

I lodged my application at the end of September and the status on the immi portal / account is still 'application received'. I'm hoping that changes in the next couple of months, as I'm keen to have a 'I'm a PR' party!

Its not usually so long. Its more a formality and checking you are still together.

I quite often read of people getting their PR within a few months from the temp visa.

Its not usually so long. Its more a formality and checking you are still together.

I quite often read of people getting their PR within a few months from the temp visa.

Apparently at present the amount of people now applying onshore instad of offshore for Spouse Visas is creating a hold-upon the PR stage. We have been waiting since the first week of June 2015 fpr PR and no sign of it yet. The last general estimate I was given by Immigration was 10-15 months.........twice as long as the temp visa took, and much longer than the second stage has ever taken before.

I've read several sources that have said due to higher number of applications and more scrutiny being placed on the second stage (vs. the previous quick check) the second stage partner visas are now taking 10-15 months.

Apparently at present the amount of people now applying onshore instad of offshore for Spouse Visas is creating a hold-upon the PR stage. We have been waiting since the first week of June 2015 fpr PR and no sign of it yet. The last general estimate I was given by Immigration was 10-15 months.........twice as long as the temp visa took, and much longer than the second stage has ever taken before.

They don't mention that on the bloody website! :eek:

Archived