How is Perth

thl4kel

Job market in the UK is very misleading. The zero hour contract is very common in the UK, plus half of the UK needs - government tax credits to supplement their income because it is so low. Also its in a lot of peoples interest who have families to work 24 hours a week only and obtain tax credits.

The UK is a mess, great if your professional and in London.

Its not helping sterlings rate the upcoming EU referendum. Until that is over I can see the power losing value.

Australia also has their version of working tax credits. Many countries do.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I know Jock, all my dads family are in N.E England, it's always been a struggle up there, at least since the pit's all shut, it's the crap about the U.K being a mess that gets on my nerves, it's doing as well or better than most of the rest of Europe, but you still hear the same old rubbish, not to say there is no room for improvement mind you.

It is a mess. Our company is struggling to get staff. Just cant get the right people. Too many jobs around. We are having to put them through uni and pay their student fees. Nightmare.

It is a mess. Our company is struggling to get staff. Just cant get the right people. Too many jobs around. We are having to put them through uni and pay their student fees. Nightmare.

Probably have to start importing migrants to do the work - like Australia does :cute: but seriously, I could see the UK was thriving the last time I was there. Very upbeat and positive vibes. Still some deprived areas though.

Probably have to start importing migrants to do the work - like Australia does :cute: but seriously, I could see the UK was thriving the last time I was there. Very upbeat and positive vibes. Still some deprived areas though.

We do, but visas and language can be a pain, plus they don't stay. It's okay for a project, but not great for long-term.

I agree with the sentiment that depending where you are in the UK will affect your chances of securing a job. Up here in Aberdeen you'd be lucky to get anything at present and I mean anything, however it's cyclical and will bounce back when oil increases in price for a prolonged period. I would also suggest though, that a great many working people earn s%$t money in the UK, with virtually non existent benefits packages.

What are most going to do with their stakeholder pension that has contributed 3% of their 22k salary when retirement comes around?

The UK simply isn't booming in my view, far from it, wages outwith a couple of plumb sectors are shockingly low.

WA certainly doesn't have it's problems to seek that's for sure, I've had to accept a lower level role on slightly lower money than before in the same location (I still see myself as extremely fortunate). Many people that were employed in Iron-Ore mining are now struggling and that has increased completion in other sectors of the labour market.