AHPRA & ANMAC update

louloubelle

Yes, you need to send copies of ID with the application - you can choose "passport with valid visa" as you will have this when you present in person to register. These will need to be certified copies too.

Fit2work are normally quite quick (a few working days) in emailing you with your reference number for the application. This was only brought in Feb 2015.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi just looking for some advice as I see that you all have recently applied for AHPRA registration. I am filling out the application form and I am a bit confused in regards to proof of identity documents ? I have previously had registration in principle twice :wideeyed: but it's been cancelled as I did not attend in person within the year. However I'm unsure if I only take the identity document when I attend in person and don't send copies of passport , utility bill , marriage certificate at this point. I am also awaiting a reference number from Fit2work which is also new :confused: lol

Thanks

The more you provide now the better as it is easier to send too much than not enough and then get sent to the bottom of the pile while they process others before you. So send the certified copies of passport etc. I did not tick anything in the application form but included them.

Fit2Work was fairly quick for me.

They need quite a lot in relation to the above not just a transcript, however they do not make it easy as they just send you a copy and paste and are not specific about what it is exactly you are missing.

Do they have a full syllabus? Mine was 90 pages.

Do they have a list of clinical hours? e.g. placement at abc hospital on xyz ward for 60 hours.

Do they have a letter explaining that Pharmacology and other areas listed were covered (not just a module title), the syllabus may cover this, but I asked for a separate letter explaining it and they referenced the NMC requirement for all nurses to have this.

Ah right, mine is only 11 pages...! However it does cover the clinical hours and the medicines management is covered in a separate letter attached so they can't miss it.

I have just spoken to my uni, who I think we're a little bit put out that I'm asking for more, that the only thing I can see that is not included in the transcript is the number of antenatal/postnatal/neonatal examinations I had to do and how many hands on births I had to conduct to qualify so I have asked them to forward that information.

Like you say they don't make it easy to know what is missing by just including that block.

haha, also liked the fact that my uni told me I'd done it wrong because I've also done ANMAC and they've never known that before. I mentioned going independent so they thought I was an independent midwife....! Doh.

Hi. I hope you guys don't mind me asking, you all seem supportive of each other. I am just starting out with applying for 189, I have just booked my Ielts for 19th March and I am getting my documents ready for Anmac. I am confused though about applying for Ahpra. We were looking to end up coming to Australia next summer (2017) due to my son's schooling. Is it too early to apply for Ahpra? I had read somewhere that you need to present yourself at an Ahpra office or something within one year of Ahpra registration being confirmed. Is this true? There is lots of conflicting info everywere and im already feeling stressed, had some tears ( ha ha) Thanks x

Hi. I hope you guys don't mind me asking, you all seem supportive of each other. I am just starting out with applying for 189, I have just booked my Ielts for 19th March and I am getting my documents ready for Anmac. I am confused though about applying for Ahpra. We were looking to end up coming to Australia next summer (2017) due to my son's schooling. Is it too early to apply for Ahpra? I had read somewhere that you need to present yourself at an Ahpra office or something within one year of Ahpra registration being confirmed. Is this true? There is lots of conflicting info everywere and im already feeling stressed, had some tears ( ha ha) Thanks x

When you submit all of the required documents for AHPRA you will receive a letter of eligibility, this actually gives you 90 days to present yourself at an AHPRA office, however it states you can ask for an extension to 1 year which is what most people do.

You are able to get your PIN straight away and avoid a trip to AHPRA if you have a visa active in your passport and can meet all the ID requirements (a visa is one of them).

Separate to AHPRA Once you get your visa you will also have a year or less to enter Australia to validate it, this goes off the visa grant date + 1 year or the date of your medical or police checks, which ever is soonest.

Also not to put you off but it is only going to get more stressful! AHPRA have no common sense and are very picky, basically do everything exactly as they ask (and sometimes they don't ask clearly) or they will most likely not accept it.

I would wait. Once it is granted you do get a year. I was automatically given a year and had to confirm I agreed to it, others have had to request an extension on the standard 3 months. Basically, everything I sent to ANMAC I sent to AHPRA. Get double of everything you do for ANMAC, including the notarised documents and then go through the AHPRA application with a fine tooth comb to make sure you have everything! Be aware, the certificate of good standing and the fit to work parts have a time frame on them (NMC COGS is only valid for 3 months and it costs £34). I would apply for them maybe just before you intend to submit to AHPRA. If they have everything they need then the turn around will be relatively swift. Maybe apply in late autumn? Of course the thing that is most important is that you have a degree! If you don't then you won't get registered. I only say this as there are a lot of us diploma nurses out there (me included, but luckily topped up to degree!) who are no longer eligible. Good luck, it seems daunting but the application forms are the most stressful part. Once they were submitted I found it much less stressful!

Yes, approx 1pm Sydney time, that the invites start being sent out....not that I've been researching it or anything...and I won't be sitting refreshing my inbox..... :cool:

I think I got my invite around 12:30 pm UK time, obviously the day before the one stated on the DIBP website due to time differences.

Edit, if I look at my email, it states it was sent 2:04am Sydney time.

Woke up with an urge to check my inbox at 3am.......AHPRA registration in principle granted! :):):) Hence, it's 7am, I have had 3 hours sleep, and am up, kitchen tidied, dogs walked, lunches prepared, now onto the CV preparation and job hunting!

I have been given the 1 year to present in person. And also told that if my original Certificate of registration is older than 6 months when I intend to present in person, then I should arrange to have a more up to date one completed.

Woke up with an urge to check my inbox at 3am.......AHPRA registration in principle granted! :):):) Hence, it's 7am, I have had 3 hours sleep, and am up, kitchen tidied, dogs walked, lunches prepared, now onto the CV preparation and job hunting!

I have been given the 1 year to present in person. And also told that if my original Certificate of registration is older than 6 months when I intend to present in person, then I should arrange to have a more up to date one completed.

@kyliedonut yay!!!! Fingers crossed for today!!

I've got everything at solicitors getting certified just now. I've got 65 points too. Hopefully get ANMAC and AHPRA sent off next week. Scary to think how quick it could come round if I have done everything correctly (fingers crossed) then it's just save save save! I only qualified in September, so won't be going over until I have at least 12 months experience here. Keeping my eyes firmly locked on the new Royal Adelaide Hospital ...

Kylie, I qualify next Friday! When did you start your application process if you only qualified in September ? I got a first in my degree, does it make any real difference?

I was under the impression that you couldn't apply for the visa until you have a years UK experience?

Also, does anyone know if you have to have a certain amount of hours working experience in a UK hospital before applying for Oz? I am a single Mum and not sure whether to work full or part time here in the UK, want to meet the requirement but don't want to stretch myself anymore than I have been for the past 3 years throughout my degree!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my god amazing! [emoji7][emoji18][emoji18]

Kylie, I qualify next Friday! When did you start your application process if you only qualified in September ? I got a first in my degree, does it make any real difference?

I was under the impression that you couldn't apply for the visa until you have a years UK experience?

Also, does anyone know if you have to have a certain amount of hours working experience in a UK hospital before applying for Oz? I am a single Mum and not sure whether to work full or part time here in the UK, want to meet the requirement but don't want to stretch myself anymore than I have been for the past 3 years throughout my degree!

Exciting! You need to have a minimum of 3 months full time work experience before you can apply to ANMAC for your skills assessment. While I was working those first 3 months, I done my IELTS/PTE English exams and collected all documentation that I needed so I was ready to apply. Sent AHPRA off at the same time. Now visa application is in, and I'm waiting on that :)

Exciting! You need to have a minimum of 3 months full time work experience before you can apply to ANMAC for your skills assessment. While I was working those first 3 months, I done my IELTS/PTE English exams and collected all documentation that I needed so I was ready to apply. Sent AHPRA off at the same time. Now visa application is in, and I'm waiting on that :)

Oh wow you started it all so quickly. I don't know where I got the idea that you needed a years experience. So if I worked part time id need 6 months experience do you think? Do you not have to have completed a certain amount of hours?

I don't even know where to start with this. Is there a checklist/ timeline anywhere that you can recommend please?

Ps. What visa are you going for? Xx

You need to have the equivalent of 3 months full time work eg. average of 37.5 hours/week. So you would need to work out how long you would need to work depending on the part time hours you plan on working.

I'm going for the 189 visa. If you download the AHPRA application form, there is a checklist at the back of that. For ANMAC:

ANMAC checklist.pdf

ANMAC checklist.pdf

Archived