AHPRA registration

Bound4Tassie

A) Looks like a right palava - never had to bother with that 10 years ago!

B) My question. -How far in advance can you register? I don't intend to go to Aus until approx Sept 2017 but I want to hit the ground running so to speak - so would like to get any registration process completed beforehand if poss.

How long has registration taken to come through for you?

Once you get through application process you will receive a letter stating you are eligible to register...once you get this you have one year to present to ahpra in Aus in person to complete registration..then your registered so don't apply too far ahead or you will miss the year thing..although their may be a way round this? Mine took about eight weeks but that wasn't recently

I got mine approved yesterday and it took about 10weeks, I was expecting a much longer time scale. It has come back before my ANMAC skills assessment!!!!!

Can I just ask if you go and present within the year, do you have to do the same thing you do here with the NMC and pay a yearly fee??

I got mine approved yesterday and it took about 10weeks, I was expecting a much longer time scale. It has come back before my ANMAC skills assessment!!!!!

Can I just ask if you go and present within the year, do you have to do the same thing you do here with the NMC and pay a yearly fee??

Great news!

I'm still waiting for news, hopefully won't be too much longer for me

Thanks @Charlottehill76 they received mine around the 12th October so fingers crossed it will be soon, at least you got the ok from ANMAC and done your EOI I'm still waiting on that

Yes, no real rush I suppose, the visa is the first hurdle really on getting over there, it will only be an issue now if they refuse to give me registration .

my agent sent me my visa form this week so this weeks annual leave will be taken up preparing and uploading those forms.

I check everything so much, I then start second guessing myself. I'm still trying to make up my mind about the AHPRA form English competency part.

I have completed PTE/IELTS. So do I go for that option as it's easier/less paperwork/they already have my results. Or do I go for the extended pathway...send all my transcript (two degrees) and school certs and letter saying taught in English? I've got it all, and everything printed out, just not sure. Think I will go the IELTS route as seems easier, just concerned....not sure about what....just concerned in general lol..the whole process is rather concerning!

I have a week booked off second week of Feb but not sure I will have been invited etc by then, never mind. Good luck @kyliedonut, just check check and double check everything and you will be ok.

I sent my EOI and got the invite the same week, in less than a week ( sat to the uk times) I had 65 Points for myself husband and 19yr old son. Invites first and third weeks every month I think they are.

Have you completed yr EOI? I did and then put it on hold.

I check everything so much, I then start second guessing myself. I'm still trying to make up my mind about the AHPRA form English competency part.

I have completed PTE/IELTS. So do I go for that option as it's easier/less paperwork/they already have my results. Or do I go for the extended pathway...send all my transcript (two degrees) and school certs and letter saying taught in English? I've got it all, and everything printed out, just not sure. Think I will go the IELTS route as seems easier, just concerned....not sure about what....just concerned in general lol..the whole process is rather concerning!

I did the ielts route on AHPRA even though I had education to prove, it's just easier. I sent all my transcripts etc too for extra proof even though we're asked for. My agent said they may still ask for it all anyway.

I did feel like a non English speaking person taking that route mind and angry that I had to do the exam in the first place anyway.

I can't do my EOI until the ANMAC is approved then I think my MA will crack on with that. The IELTS was a nightmare, cross I had to do it as I was just completing a MSc but I did it and passed first time, think I would have cried if I had to resist. Hopefully we should both have more good news in the next couple of weeks. Really want to go by December this yeAr.

• 1 year later...

Hi all. So I don't need to wait for visa to come before applying to AHPRA? Also, on the application form, it's says provide evidence of address but I haven't got an Australian one yet! What do I put?

any other info regarding AHPRA reg would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey. You don't need the visa before applying for AHPRA, however, once your registration in principle comes through, you'll only have three months to present to an AHPRA office to finalise it. They do not give extensions, trust me, I tried.

With regards to the Australian address requirement on the application, you can ignore that as you fill in the part that says you're an overseas applicant, with your overseas address. Hth.

Yes, it is now confirmed that applicants have three months to activate their AHPRA registration, once they have received their Approval In Principle letter. So you'll need to delay your AHPRA application until the end of your visa application, or apply now but be prepared to fly out to activate it in person.

Regards,

Richard

Archived