Vapping in Oz

greggy

Hello,

Happy New year to all!

I have a question regarding the laws around vaping.

I gave up on the dreaded cigs about 18months ago and now vape. I don't want to get in to, or start, a debate about whether its better/worse for you etc.

Lord knows i get enough of that from my friends and family.

So can anyone help, what are the rules around vaping in Australia, and/or WA?

Greg

This could be said for 80% of the questions posted on here

So why say it on this one?

What is it to you? I provide lots of replies around the forum, very rarely do I suggest that someone search out the info themselves. If I do there is usually a reason. As I searched the info myself, found lots and posted the links back but there was so much info to hand it seemed pretty easy he could look it up himself if there were a lack of replies or he didn't get what he was after in reply.

Have you anything to contribute to this thread that may help the OP?

Edited by Guest
edited

Yes it's fine, their is lots of shops dedicated to it and sell them at markets, can also buy online...but it is not allowed for the juice to contain any nicotine, that's the illegal part...so my husband gets zero nicotine one now However some shops will have an undercounter supply that they hint at however we didn't ask further about that as we don't want to come here n break the law lol no one really has them here..well not that I've seen..not like parts of uk where everyone is sucking on them! I hate them but hubbys now addicted! Well that's how it is in Victoria ...we wondered too before we came but couldn't find out but then we seen them for sale xx

Oh wow just read that link posted above so it's illegal in WA! What would they do if u had it in your luggage? n got through with it n then what would happen if you were caught smoking it at home or something? I'm glad it's illegal there as I think it's dangerous n stupid. Oh well now u know, move to Victoria or give it up!

Oh wow just read that link posted above so it's illegal in WA! What would they do if u had it in your luggage? n got through with it n then what would happen if you were caught smoking it at home or something? I'm glad it's illegal there as I think it's dangerous n stupid. Oh well now u know, move to Victoria or give it up!

The sale of the liquid containing nicotine is illegal throughout Australia I believe. It is not illegal to use, or to purchase from abroad.

Thank you everyone.

I'd come across the ozvapour site before, but must have missed the Health WA site.

The reason I asked was I got conflicting information from some friends in Oz who said it was pretty much illegal and that a lot of websites were not displaying the correct information.

So, I thought I'd see if anyone on here was using vaping stuff over there and therefore could help clear up the confusion.

In retrospect I should has said that in my opening post.

Regards

Greggy