Paramedic wanting to go to Oz

Katy Hughes

So..... Have a friend who is a paramedic who wants to go to Oz. I want to help her but as I'm a nurse it looks like things are done a bit different for them? Does anyone one know who, what, where or how to go around it? Any links I can pass on for her. To be honest I haven't looked very hard but I though I would give it a go by asking you all!

Please help elm my friend is desperate to get out of the U.K. And I want to help her as much as I can.

Cheers ??

As Stormy said, keep an eye on the SOL/CSOL. Again quite right in that it was on the CSOL for quite a while, but I've not checked it in over a year so don't know if it's still on there.

Get her look at the recruitment pages of each state.

The last big overseas recruitment WA did was in 2011/2012. It was obviously on their website, but they also had a bit double page spread in some nursing/NHS magazine.

They are currently busy training up their own paras but 'fingers crossed' they don't have enough uptake and look elsewhere (that's where we plan to go).

We've had a quite a few friends (paras) make the move to WA, and the odd one to NSW/Gold Coast (none have come back so far!). Main thing is to be proactive and keep a check on the websites, maybe even email the different states and ask if they have any plans to recruit overseas in the near future.

Patience is the another big thing thing here, these things don't happen overnight (as we personally know all to well, been 8 years since we first applied. Change of their criteria and lack of recruitment and we are only just getting back on track).

I also read a few weeks ago of a lady who was a para, went to WA on her husbands skills, WA amb service doesn't/didn't want her. Training too many of their own at the moment so she's got all that experience, can't get a job.

Can't say much about other states as WA is the one I keep an eye on, but it's def not going to be an easy/quick move.

Archived