Heading back to Oz in 6months time!

Wojtek

Hi!

Fiiinally, after 23years in Poland I will ne returning to Oz mid 2016, this time with my Family. Wife and two small kids. Something tells me that this will be one heck of an adventure!

All in all, seeing as its the 27th of December, would like to take the chance to wish everyone all the best for the new year 2016, health, happiness and mey the new year bring you more good stuff than the previous one!

Woj.

You will find Australia very much changed in 23 years, Wojtek. I lived there for 30 years and saw great changes, not for the better. But I think that is true for many countries!

With such a long absence, it's easy to build Australia up into a wonderland, remembering all its good points and forgetting the negatives. I hope you haven't done that - because if you have, you're in for a disappointment. On the other hand, if you're realistic in your expectations, and recognise that Australia isn't better or worse, it's just different - then you'll have a great time.

An exciting 2016 in store for you Woj, i'm sure it will be an adventure - good luck

Thanks Ali ;)

You will find Australia very much changed in 23 years, Wojtek. I lived there for 30 years and saw great changes, not for the better. But I think that is true for many countries!

With such a long absence, it's easy to build Australia up into a wonderland, remembering all its good points and forgetting the negatives. I hope you haven't done that - because if you have, you're in for a disappointment. On the other hand, if you're realistic in your expectations, and recognise that Australia isn't better or worse, it's just different - then you'll have a great time.

I have been back twice for a holiday in that time. The last time being about 6yrs ago.

I do realise that I remember Oz from a time when I was growing up. I lived there from age 6-18, so I know that in those years, your only problems are if your homework is done. Now life is diofferent. Bills, taxes, job, rent, two small kids - its a comletely different ball game. I understand that and that is why I dont expect to come into a hassle free problem free life. It doesnt work that way. I do however HOPE to come to a place which with hard work will give me back in return a life which will be great for my Family and Me. Im not burning my briodges here though. If after 2 yrs it turns out that we have a better life here, than we can always pack our bags and head back. I do however greatly hope that it will not be the case.

Best wishes on your future plans!I know a few polish people from work that have recently returned to Poland,so times are changing.

and so my dream will become a more difficult one than sespected, as my prettier half wants to stay in PL and hopes we come back. The reason we are flying is that she understands that this is really important for me and just like I hope that she will fall in love with Oz, she hopes we fly down and I come to the conclusion that life in Poland is better for us.

More details I'll put in a post soon as I will have a few questions..

Ahhh, life would be boring if it were too easy with no difficult decisions. But some less difficulty would be nice sometimes though... :P

Geez Louise...

Much changed as noted and great for a holiday distraction but a harder decision to make it permanent. I have had Polish visitors and neither felt a burning desire to remain in WA but enjoyed the place to vacate in.

Also know another that returned after more than a decade in Perth to Poland to mixed reviews. Problem being a divide of thought among participants. Can be deadly for a marriage.

Archived