173 query

TriciaP

I am in Australia at the moment on a tourist visa but and have been told I should hear from a case officer for my 173 application shortly. I shall have to leave the country for the 173 visa to be granted but does anyone know how much notice I will have to leave the country and also once left the country how long it usually takes to be processed. It would really help if I could book a return flight rather than having to pay for two single flights. Any info would be appreciated.

I think it may depend on where you are planning to go, as different countries may have different processing times. Most people seem to be OK with just a few days but obviously if you go over a weekend ......

The CO should tell you the visa is ready to grant and ask you to let them know the arrangements you have made. I would ask your CO for advice.

Because there is no evidencing of a visa by way of a label these days your visa should be granted to you upon departure from Australia.

Where you go outside Australia is of little consequence to visa grant.

Maybe enjoy a week in Fiji or New Zealand if you are on the eastern side of Australia?

Best regards.

Archived