Employer Reference

cjenky

Hi everyone, I am over the moon today. An invitation to apply for NSW state sponsorship was sitting in my inbox this morning whoop whoop!!!

I have taken a quick look over the application form to clarify what documents I need to upload. It states employer references are optional unless you are claiming points for skilled employment, which I am!

My problem is my boss is not very approachable and I do not want anyone at work knowing we are thinking of emigrating as I know it would cause me no end of bother, the MD is not a very nice man and does not like to see anyone succeed in anything. If I didn't love my job so much I would be long gone.

My question is has anyone applied for NSW nomination without supplying an employers reference (I have worked at the same company for 12 years so all my skilled employment is with this company although I am not claiming for the whole 12 years)

I have all the usual employment evidence - P60's, wage slips, contract of employment, job description and I also have 2 reference letters from managers at my work who have left the company. Am I able to do a stat dec instead? Or is a reference a must?

Any info from anyone who has applied to NSW would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Claire

Hi Claire,

Ditto! We got an invitation from NSW today too =D!

we are in a similar situation, we are relying on a reference from a colleague rather than hubby's boss, we got through the skills assessment this way, I would think the former manager refs would suffice but once you get issued a case officer perhaps it will come up then and you can explain the problem, we are clearly not the first or the last to be in this situation and I would hope there is a level of understanding but I guess only time will tell!

it was so unexpected to have an invite today I'm all in a tizz! Congratulations and good luck!

I have taken a quick look over the application form to clarify what documents I need to upload. It states employer references are optional unless you are claiming points for skilled employment, which I am!

I'm guessing there isn't an except where inconvenient or if the boss is cranky clause.

Me too, I was gobsmacked when I saw the email!! Congratulations to you too!! Its only the beginning but its a great feeling isn't it?

Skills assessment I did a statutory declaration for the very same reason.

If I don't attach one with the state sponsorship application i'm worried it may get rejected :sad:

Me too, I was gobsmacked when I saw the email!! Congratulations to you too!! Its only the beginning but its a great feeling isn't it?

Skills assessment I did a statutory declaration for the very same reason.

If I don't attach one with the state sponsorship application i'm worried it may get rejected :sad:

Amazing feeling! it's been a long time coming for us.

i know, we are worried too but if you're employer were to outright refuse what can you do? I think my hubby's might.

From what I've read the case officer might request more info. I don't think they will outright reject you without giving you the opportunity to fix the problem and if that happens to us then my hubby will just risk losing his job to try and get the signature if that's what has to happen.

Us too, we have been plodding along with this for about 3 year now, I was offered a job in the Northern Territory but we decided we wouldn't be able to live there, the humidity would kill both of us lol

Like you if push comes to shove I will have to bite the bullet but I know what he is like and I can see things getting difficult for me. I think I will upload loads of evidence and see how I go. Best of luck to you when you apply :)

Us too, we have been plodding along with this for about 3 year now, I was offered a job in the Northern Territory but we decided we wouldn't be able to live there, the humidity would kill both of us lol

Like you if push comes to shove I will have to bite the bullet but I know what he is like and I can see things getting difficult for me. I think I will upload loads of evidence and see how I go. Best of luck to you when you apply :)

Its a long old road isn't it but hopefully it will be worth it =). Hmm yes, I'd love to spend more time in the NT in their winter but last Nov when we were just passing through the humidity was off the scale!

Hopefully neither of us will have to bite the bullet,like you we will be uploading every possible bit of info to help counter balance, fingers crossed it works!

i haven't read the email properly but I think it said 14 days to apply so I'd best get on it! Our grants may come through at a very similar time too, keep us posted! When do you actually hope to go?

You could approach your payroll office for a Certificate of Service. You can say it's because you're applying for a mortgage or a loan. That way you get a letter confirming you have actually worked for the company, so at least the DIBP won't go phoning up to check your employment details.

I did think about this, if I did this my duties would not be listed though and I think that is what they are after, or do you think they just want to confirm I actually work there. If it was just proof of employment surely wage slips and p60's would suffice?:confused:

Its a long old road isn't it but hopefully it will be worth it =). Hmm yes, I'd love to spend more time in the NT in their winter but last Nov when we were just passing through the humidity was off the scale!

Hopefully neither of us will have to bite the bullet,like you we will be uploading every possible bit of info to help counter balance, fingers crossed it works!

i haven't read the email properly but I think it said 14 days to apply so I'd best get on it! Our grants may come through at a very similar time too, keep us posted! When do you actually hope to go?

As soon as possible!!!! Realistically though maybe 18month.We have the house to sell and 2 dogs to sort out with tests and the such. Reluctant to do anything too drastic like sell the house until I know we have visa in hand. How about you??

Archived