Moving to Oz in June

anne10643

Hi everyone, a friend of mine has just told me about this site so here I am! I'm a 61 year old grandmother of 3 who is packing up here at the end of June and heading for beautiful Kiama on the south coast of New South Wales. I will be going it alone on a 676 visa and hoping to get a CPV when my other daughter lands in OZ later this year. A bit anxious at the moment but I am determined, but I have visited my daughter in Kiama many times so I know where I'm going. Starting a new life isn't easy, especially when your of an age when you ought to be settled and enjoying you retirement but after the death of my partner 4 years ago I think its time for a change, so its onwards and upwards!

If there is anyone from the UK who would like to meet for coffee sometime that would be great.

Quote of the day for me: Leap and the net will appear!

Bye for now Annie

Guest mandy1

Hi Annie

Welcome to PIO! Good on you for having the guts to make such a huge change. With such a positive attitude you can only do well. Good Luck with everything

Mandy x

Guest shazpaul35

Hi Anne good for you, hope it all goes well for you, i would off loved to meet up for a coffee but am in queesland sorry, good luck with everything anne :notworthy:

Hi Annie

Good Luck to you on your move.

My mom is 61 and has been in Oz for 12 yrs now, she moved here after marrying again after my dad died, they were both only 42 when he died and it certainly made her re-think life.

She retired in Jan but has just got a new job cus she was bored lol.

If you would like to email her I'm sure she'd be happy to reply. She's in QLD but I'm only an hr or so away from Kiama in Camden so you never know you might even meet her one day.

Sam x

Hi Annie

Hope all goes really well for you, i'm sure it well. Have a great time out in Oz and best wishes to you and your family

Tania X

Hi Tania,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm going to do my absolute best to enjoy every minute, its something I've wanted to do for years. I only have a couple of weeks to go and there is still soooo much to do!

Annie xx

Hi Annie

Good Luck to you on your move.

My mom is 61 and has been in Oz for 12 yrs now, she moved here after marrying again after my dad died, they were both only 42 when he died and it certainly made her re-think life.

She retired in Jan but has just got a new job cus she was bored lol.

If you would like to email her I'm sure she'd be happy to reply. She's in QLD but I'm only an hr or so away from Kiama in Camden so you never know you might even meet her one day.

Sam x

Thank you Sam for your kind words. There is a lovely atmosphere on her - I like it.

I'd love to email your Mum if she would like that - you can never have enough good friends. I have a friend in Surfers that I visit now and again - perhaps your Mum and I could meet up when I visit my friend, which should be within the next three months. Maybe when I get here we could meet up too. I have a ton of things to do yet - extra jobs keep cropping up!

Bye for now

Annie

Hi Anne good for you, hope it all goes well for you, i would off loved to meet up for a coffee but am in queesland sorry, good luck with everything anne :notworthy:

Thank you so much for your reply. Nice to here from you. I'll sure do my best to have fun and enjoy myself.

Love Annie xx

Hi Annie

Welcome to PIO! Good on you for having the guts to make such a huge change. With such a positive attitude you can only do well. Good Luck with everything

Mandy x

Hi Mandy, Thanks for your encouraging remarks. I intend to make good use of the rest of my life - I will have a blast!!!! This place is great and I'm glad I joined.

Have an outstanding day!

Love Annie xx

Guest saltergang@ntlworld.com

Anne

Congratulations on your forthcoming move. I have only just joined this site - i am looking for inspiration because we are struggling to meet the 120 points needed for skilled independant visa - we have 115. Hubby just sat the English IELTS test to acheive 25 points but he failed on 1 section! couldnt beleive that he has to resit it all at a cost of £100 in July to see if he acheives it again. We are British Citizens 1st language of English and we still cant get the points! We have sought sponsorship from hubby's uncle who is in Perth but waiting to hear from him as to whether he is happy to do this.

It is an inspiration to know that you are making a new life for yourself, all the best.

Jen:arghh:

Hi Annie,

Wow you are one brave lady, wishing you all the very best for your new life down under & may all your dreams come true.

We are about 2 & half hours away from you on the central coast, so if you are ever this way give us a shout for a coffee.

stuju

Thank you Sam for your kind words. There is a lovely atmosphere on her - I like it.

I'd love to email your Mum if she would like that - you can never have enough good friends. I have a friend in Surfers that I visit now and again - perhaps your Mum and I could meet up when I visit my friend, which should be within the next three months. Maybe when I get here we could meet up too. I have a ton of things to do yet - extra jobs keep cropping up!

Bye for now

Annie

Annie I've sent you a PM.

Sam xx

Hi Jen, Thanks for your email, the support I have found on here is fantastic. I have only just joined too.

With regard to your hubby's English IELTS test - have you checked on the web for sites that will help. I've had a quick lok for you and found these:

IELTS

IELTS - the International English Language Testing System - Exam English

IELTS - Test Your English

Free online English lessons: Letters, EAP, IELTS, FCE and CAE style

YouTube - IELTS Preparation

I hope I'm not being presumptious - I get by now you have looked at every help you can get.

I hope these help

Bye for now

Annie x

Hi,

Thank you so much for your lovely email. I just can't wait to be back there - I was in Oz earlier this year in April, I hate it when I have to come back to the UK yet again. Still the next time I leave here I'm hoping it will be for the last time, and I don't expect to miss it one bit!

I will certainly let you know when I get there - I shall be one busy lady with all the new friends I am making on here.

Bye for now,

Annie xx

Guest JoanneHattersley

Good on ya Annie!

You are an example for all those people that say.............what if................?

You are going to be able to say.............I did!!!!!!!!! LOL

Good on ya Annie!

You are an example for all those people that say.............what if................?

You are going to be able to say.............I did!!!!!!!!! LOL

Good on you luv just watch for the black cloud the Qrain

Malx

aka Billy NM

Hi, I was just reading you re-introduction posts when I got your post - thought I'd pressed something I shouldn't have! lol

Well, if you dont act you dont move! A bit scared but what's the worst that I can happen - I will have to come back - God forbid!

I'm hoping to get my website create the money I'll need to fund the CPV, so its going to keep me busy, still I can always relax on the beach can't I.lol

Cheers for now

Annie x

Family holidays, adventure holidays, ecotourism, responsible travel & responsible tourism, gap year and family holidays

Hi, I was just reading you re-introduction posts when I got your post - thought I'd pressed something I shouldn't have! lol

Well, if you dont act you dont move! A bit scared but what's the worst that I can happen - I will have to come back - God forbid!

I'm hoping to get my website create the money I'll need to fund the CPV, so its going to keep me busy, still I can always relax on the beach can't I.lol

Cheers for now

Annie x

Family holidays, adventure holidays, ecotourism, responsible travel & responsible tourism, gap year and family holidays

Get your CPV in no time with a business like that:policeman::policeman:

Cheers for now

Annie x

eco-holidays-worldwide.com Family holidays, adventure holidays, ecotourism, responsible travel & responsible tourism, gap year and family holidays

Guest ameliaandpeter

Hi Annie,

Just had to say welcome to such a lovely lady.

Good Luck to you and your family.

Amelia

Archived