Moving to Oz in June

anne10643

Hi Amelia, Thank you for your email and that was a lovely thing to say thanks. I have been overwhelmed by so many kind words from people all over the place. It makes me feel very humble.

I will certainly try and have fun with my family in oz, can't wit to get back there, it certainly is a wonderful place.

Love Annie x

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys

Hi Annie

Glad you found this site, really hope my mum and dad may take the plunge in the future, you have given me hope.

Enjoy the next phase of your life

Sandra X

Guest Angelcake

Hi Annie,

Welcome aboad!!

This is a great forum and everyone is really helpful.

My mum is also emigrating on her own, she comes on this forum too. My sister and I and our families are moving to Brisbane this year and my mum is coming too! Look out for her on here her forum name is Scardycat and Im sure she'd love to have a chat.

Good luck

Angelcake

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Annie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Why do you need to wait till later in the year before you apply for your CPV, please? I am just wondering whether it might be possible for you to make an application before 30th June 2009 and thereby beat the fees-increase which is due on 1st July 2008? They usually only raise the 1st Instalment by $50 or so but historically they have always raised the 2nd Instalment quite substantially. I was told it went up by abut 7% last year (you are speaking with a woman who has zilch idea of how to calculate a percentage but I got a kid in the office to work it out for me last year! He said it came to 7.4% including the 1st Instalment so I am guessing at about 7% for the 2nd Instalment alone.)

If your "other daughter" would need ato validate a PR visa before you wuld meet the Balance of Family Test then obviously it will not be possible to try to get in with a CPV application before 30th June but I feel it is wrth just checking this with you to see whether we can save you some money!

Also, have you checked the terms of your sc676 visa carefully? Is it subject to Conditon 8503 - no further stay? If it is, just near in mind that you will need to bbe outside Australia at the time when your CPV application is submitted to the POPC. Please see here:

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 52c. Imposition of Visa Condition 8503 - "No Further Stay"

Also if your sc676 visa is subject to Condition 8503 then it might not be valid for multple entry to Oz, so it woud be worth checking that bit as well.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Scardycat
Hi everyone, a friend of mine has just told me about this site so here I am! I'm a 61 year old grandmother of 3 who is packing up here at the end of June and heading for beautiful Kiama on the south coast of New South Wales. I will be going it alone on a 676 visa and hoping to get a CPV when my other daughter lands in OZ later this year. A bit anxious at the moment but I am determined, but I have visited my daughter in Kiama many times so I know where I'm going. Starting a new life isn't easy, especially when your of an age when you ought to be settled and enjoying you retirement but after the death of my partner 4 years ago I think its time for a change, so its onwards and upwards!

If there is anyone from the UK who would like to meet for coffee sometime that would be great.

Quote of the day for me: Leap and the net will appear!

Bye for now Annie

Hi Annie, I am in a similar situation to you, as my daughter (Angelcake) has previously said, I am hoping to go out on a 676 when my daughters get there, they both have there visas and will hopefully be moving towards the end of the summer, I wll follow closely on their heels.

I must admit I have had similar fears about starting a new life at this age, but want to be close to my daughters and 5 grandchildren. They are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast area, it would be great to have some friends out there even if it be long distance.

Where do you live in UK? I am in Milton Keynes.

Would be nice to hear from you or anyone else going it alone on a CPV

Cat

Hi Annie, I am in a similar situation to you, as my daughter (Angelcake) has previously said, I am hoping to go out on a 676 when my daughters get there, they both have there visas and will hopefully be moving towards the end of the summer, I wll follow closely on their heels.

I must admit I have had similar fears about starting a new life at this age, but want to be close to my daughters and 5 grandchildren. They are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast area, it would be great to have some friends out there even if it be long distance.

Where do you live in UK? I am in Milton Keynes.

Would be nice to hear from you or anyone else going it alone on a CPV

Cat

Hi Cat,

I'm not worried that I will like it at all - I've been a good half a dozen times over the years and its great. I'm so looking forward to it. Have you been before? Send me your email and I'll PM you if you like. Don't to much about moving there - the people are so friendly you will settle down in no time at all. I never want to leave once I'm there.

How do you feel about the 676 visa? I forgot to mention I live in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

All for now,

Annie xx

Family holidays, adventure holidays, ecotourism, responsible travel & responsible tourism, gap year and family holidays (my website!)

Archived