SA Bushfire alert,and yes its personal! :(

Jacaranda

Guest Guest66881

Distressing images have emerged of farmers having to shoot their injured livestock and badly burnt sheep barely able to stand after bushfires tore through small towns in South Australia.

The 'Armageddon-like' bushfires in and around Pinery, north of Adelaide, have killed two people, left five people in critical conditions and destroyed or damaged at least 87 homes and 321 farming sheds.

Farmers and residents have now started returning to see what is left of their properties after hundreds of firefighters managed to contain the 85,000 hectare blaze on Friday.

Heartbreaking photos taken by photographer Levi Williams reveal the scenes of devastation felt in Wasleys - one of the most hard hit areas.

Scroll down for video

2ED86C0400000578-3335725-Distressing_images_have_emerged_from_the_aftermath_of_the_South_-a-63_1448600331255.jpg

+58

Distressing images have emerged from the aftermath of the South Australian bushfires with farmers returning to their properties and having to euthanise their animals who managed to survive but were badly burnt

2ED86C0C00000578-3335725-A_sheep_in_the_town_of_Wasleys_north_of_Adelaide_was_found_wande-a-114_1448600335564.jpg

+58

A sheep in the town of Wasleys, north of Adelaide, was found wandering around a property by South Australian photographer Levi Williams after being severely burnt in the devastating bushfires

2ED8894200000578-3335725-image-a-132_1448601720371.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+58

Premier Jay Weatherill said the loss of livestock and other animals from the bushfires was extraordinary:cry:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335725/Bushfires-South-Australia-destroy-32-houses-five-people-fighting-lives-hospital.html#ixzz3sg08JkHN

Guest Guest66881

Driving through your end earlier made me realise just how scary it could be if it all just went up, never thought of livestock being hurt in that way.

Update:Well the help my brother has received has been nothing short of amazing!Firstly,friends of theirs,have offered a house in town to them,rent free for as long as they want,Holdens advertised free loan cars to those without vehicles,and my brother picks his free loaner up tomorrow!Family,friends and people they don't even know have offered loads of free furniture,electrical goods,clothing etc.The government has offered each person who lost their house $270.

Update:Well the help my brother has received has been nothing short of amazing!Firstly,friends of theirs,have offered a house in town to them,rent free for as long as they want,Holdens advertised free loan cars to those without vehicles,and my brother picks his free loaner up tomorrow!Family,friends and people they don't even know have offered loads of free furniture,electrical goods,clothing etc.The government has offered each person who lost their house $270.

…….so pleased to hear of all the help….

……bush fires are frightening…..so destructive….

……best of luck to them…Xxx

Thanks Quokka,Yeah me too.They've lived in that house for years.Lost everything.Including pets.:cry:

Oh bloody hell ...as soon as you mentioned the pets my heart sank ...i don't care much for property and contents ,all but the most precious can be replaced...but losing my dog would devestate me.

Love and best wishes to your family Mel .....bloody hell

Distressing images have emerged of farmers having to shoot their injured livestock and badly burnt sheep barely able to stand after bushfires tore through small towns in South Australia.

The 'Armageddon-like' bushfires in and around Pinery, north of Adelaide, have killed two people, left five people in critical conditions and destroyed or damaged at least 87 homes and 321 farming sheds.

Farmers and residents have now started returning to see what is left of their properties after hundreds of firefighters managed to contain the 85,000 hectare blaze on Friday.

Heartbreaking photos taken by photographer Levi Williams reveal the scenes of devastation felt in Wasleys - one of the most hard hit areas.

Scroll down for video

2ED86C0400000578-3335725-Distressing_images_have_emerged_from_the_aftermath_of_the_South_-a-63_1448600331255.jpg

+58

Distressing images have emerged from the aftermath of the South Australian bushfires with farmers returning to their properties and having to euthanise their animals who managed to survive but were badly burnt

2ED86C0C00000578-3335725-A_sheep_in_the_town_of_Wasleys_north_of_Adelaide_was_found_wande-a-114_1448600335564.jpg

+58

A sheep in the town of Wasleys, north of Adelaide, was found wandering around a property by South Australian photographer Levi Williams after being severely burnt in the devastating bushfires

2ED8894200000578-3335725-image-a-132_1448601720371.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+58

Premier Jay Weatherill said the loss of livestock and other animals from the bushfires was extraordinary:cry:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335725/Bushfires-South-Australia-destroy-32-houses-five-people-fighting-lives-hospital.html#ixzz3sg08JkHN

As I said on a previous post this system of extremes os here now ...i know oz has always had bush fires.

But this bloke from the environment agency sharpened my thoughts.

He hadn't got anything to sell or spin ,and this was u.k centric ,in relation to how much of the u.k will be under water in winters to come .

At 2c global temp rise ....then a map @ 4c rise and above ...

Apart from losing pets Bunbury,I'm also upset that my brother has lost personal items,which he cant replace,such as family photo's,and as my Mum passed away last year,has also lost her precious belongings.

Read the news yesterday and it seems over last weekend,those towns affected,including where my brothers live,have been inundated with weekend drivers,driving around to gawk at the devastation!How tacky and thoughtless is that?Police have advised "tourists"not to go onto anyone's property as it is trespassing.