Applying for a job from the UK not in your chosen profession

doubter

Is it difficult to secure a job from the Uk before you move but not necessarily in your current profession? I managed it last time in my chosen profession albeit I had to go to Australia for the interview and I know many have secured jobs before they go. I wouldn't take the risk to find a job when I am there as I wouldn't have the financial clout to support myself without a job.

Enjoyed Australia but wasn't entirely happy working in my role last time.

looking at a lot if job adverts they don't tend to have mandatory qualifications like the UK but ask for transferable skills like communication, teamwork etc.

I would be interested to know people's experience of managing to do this.

You say many people land jobs before leaving the UK but actually I'm pretty sure they're in the minority of migrants. Most people take the plunge and go over without a job to go to, unless they're on a 457 (temporary employer-sponsored) visa.

So you did better than average to land a job before you left, IMO, and I'd think the chances of finding one outside your area of expertise would be vanishingly small. Why not look for a job in your usual occupation, and then once you're settled, start looking around for alternative jobs?

Maybe I am wrong then but I am sure there is a lot of people in the healthcare professions who have secured jobs from the UK and I know a few who had Skype interviews. I was just looking for feedback on people's experiences in various roles who had managed to do this.

What I know from my last experience is you spend way too much money when you first arrive and it was a month before I had my first pay and it was a bit costly. I take my hat off to those that do it without a job but I don't think I have the nerve.Buying a car, accommodation costs,food and day to day living is daunting if you have nothing coming in to replace it.

Maybe I am wrong then but I am sure there is a lot of people in the healthcare professions who have secured jobs from the UK and I know a few who had Skype interviews. I was just looking for feedback on people's experiences in various roles who had managed to do this.

What I know from my last experience is you spend way too much money when you first arrive and it was a month before I had my first pay and it was a bit costly. I take my hat off to those that do it without a job but I don't think I have the nerve.Buying a car, accommodation costs,food and day to day living is daunting if you have nothing coming in to replace it.

I think you'll find a majority of the healthcare workers, including those with SKYPE interviews, came on a 457.

Archived