Working Holiday Visa

mwotherspoon

Hi i have just moved over to the North side of Brisbane to be with my Family (Currently Living on Bribie).

I am a fully qualified senior hairdresser and currently working locally whilst on my working holiday visa.

The issue i have is I would like to get sponsorship - does anyone know if this is possible for my trade?

If not i will need to do my 3 months regional to get my second year - I have heard so many horror stories - any positive advice would be appreciated on how best to find something.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

MW

Hi i have just moved over to the North side of Brisbane to be with my Family (Currently Living on Bribie).

I am a fully qualified senior hairdresser and currently working locally whilst on my working holiday visa.

The issue i have is I would like to get sponsorship - does anyone know if this is possible for my trade?

If not i will need to do my 3 months regional to get my second year - I have heard so many horror stories - any positive advice would be appreciated on how best to find something.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

MW

Hi,

Yes, you are eligible to be sponsored on a 457 visa (showing three years of paid work experience). You may also be eligible for a 186 PR employer nominated visa (through Direct Entry), if you are able to pass a skill assessment and you have three years of post-qualification work experience.

Joy

A skilled visa would be a far better option.

A 457 is a temporary visa. If you were to lose your job while on it, you only have 90 days to find another company willing and able to sponsor, or leave the country. Note, not every company can sponsor.

Hi,

If you are looking at a skilled visa, you might want to think about moving to the Northern Territory to live and work on your current visa. Hairdressers are listed as in shortage on this area.

You do need to reach the point score and meet NT's requirements, but this is an option for you.

http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/nt-nominated-general/Pages/sol.aspx

Joy

I don't presume to know much about immigration, but when I am in Sydney I go to Just Cuts in Bondi Junction, and from what some of the hairdressers have said to me they have been sponsored while working there on WH Visas.

Might be worth checking?

Archived