About the PR/Citizenship Status: will be active or cancelled

mahasan

Hello,

My PR application has been granted this year and I have already made my first entry to Australia and come out. Because, I am working in another country.

I need some help regarding my PR status and Citizenship (if I am eligible).

Q1. My PR is granted until January 2020. What will happen if I can not go Australia and stay there before January 2020? My PR status will remain or will be cancelled?

Q2. Will my PR visa will extend another 5 years? If I want to go after 2020, is there any problem?or How to extend my PR status?

Q3. Previously, I stayed Australia for approximately 4 years for study purpose. Now I am working in another country. To be eligible Citizenship, How long I have to stay with PR status in Australia?

Q4. My previous stay in Australia will be count? or I have to start from the beginning for qualifying Citizenship?

Thank you advance

1. Your last date of entry is January 2020. You must apply for a resident return visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia after this date. If you haven't been living there and cannot prove substantial ties then it's likely you'd be refused a RRV.

2. Your PR is indefinite, as long as you remain in Australia. You must apply for the above RRV (or citizenship) to arrive back in Australia freely (after Jan 2020)

3. There is a calculator available on the http://www.border.gov.au website, search for citizenship and follow the links.

4. You can under certain circumstances, unless you are absent from Australia for more than 1 year then you cannot count the previous years that you lived in Australia. For guidance see the link in 3 above and use the calculator.

Edited by CaptainC

Hello,

My PR application has been granted this year and I have already made my first entry to Australia and come out. Because, I am working in another country.

I need some help regarding my PR status and Citizenship (if I am eligible).

Q1. My PR is granted until January 2020. What will happen if I can not go Australia and stay there before January 2020? My PR status will remain or will be cancelled?

Q2. Will my PR visa will extend another 5 years? If I want to go after 2020, is there any problem?or How to extend my PR status?

Q3. Previously, I stayed Australia for approximately 4 years for study purpose. Now I am working in another country. To be eligible Citizenship, How long I have to stay with PR status in Australia?

Q4. My previous stay in Australia will be count? or I have to start from the beginning for qualifying Citizenship?

Thank you advance

You've got 5 yearsto move -if you don't thkink thats long enough why didn't you wait longer before applying?

Thank you all.

I can feel that RRV is the last option, If I am late to move.

I hope I can finish the current contract before the 2020.

By the way, do you know RRV will be strate forward to get or I have to do lot of work?.

Many thanks

Captains C explained above. If you cannot show the substantial ties to Aus or whatever it is they will want to see, you probably won't get a RRV. If you've only validated and then never moved to or resided in Aus in the entire 5 years, I can't see it as having any ties whatsoever. You applied for a visa and don't use it, have to be prepared to not get a RRV.

If you want to ensure you can reside in Aus without issue, move here to live before the visa expires.

What job ties you into a 6 year contract? I boggle slightly at that.

Thank you all.

I can feel that RRV is the last option, If I am late to move.

No, it is not. If you don't live in Australia at all in the next 5 years, then your RRV will be refused. It is for people who have made a home in Australia and needed to leave temporarily, not for people who have still not settled in the country. If you cannot show you have a home or close ties in Australia, it will not be granted.