Tourist and Bridging Visa?

tiaishia

I am confused as to how this works, I posted this from a site below....

"If you are outside Australia when you apply then you are able to travel to Australia on another visa eg Tourist/ Visitor Visa; and when that expires you can apply for the above bridging visa. In this way you will also gain access to work rights whilst waiting on the outcome of your application. The rationale behind this is that Australia has decided that they want you and so invite you to apply for Skilled Migration then they don't want any hurdles in your way to get to Australia. "

So does that mean once I have received a positive invite to apply from EOI, and lodge my perm. visa application. I can go to Australia on a tourist visa for 3 months and then apply for a bridging visa if I am still waiting on my perm. visa? Can you work on a bridging visa?:chatterbox:

You only get bridging visas if you apply for a visa onshore as long as the first visa does not have a no further stay condition attached you are free to do this. If you apply offshore you can enter on a tourist visa but you wouldn't get a bridging visa once that expired, you would be considered an illegal. That's my understanding anyway.

I am confused as to how this works, I posted this from a site below....

"If you are outside Australia when you apply then you are able to travel to Australia on another visa eg Tourist/ Visitor Visa; and when that expires you can apply for the above bridging visa. In this way you will also gain access to work rights whilst waiting on the outcome of your application. The rationale behind this is that Australia has decided that they want you and so invite you to apply for Skilled Migration then they don't want any hurdles in your way to get to Australia. "

So does that mean once I have received a positive invite to apply from EOI, and lodge my perm. visa application. I can go to Australia on a tourist visa for 3 months and then apply for a bridging visa if I am still waiting on my perm. visa? Can you work on a bridging visa?:chatterbox:

I doubt that is from the DIBP site, as it sounds very dubious, so where is it from?

I doubt that is from the DIBP site, as it sounds very dubious, so where is it from?

Found it.... http://www.4-corners.com.au/blog/bid/306300/How-do-I-apply-for-a-Skilled-Migration-Visa-to-Australia

This blog is full of inaccurate information so definitely do not follow this advice..... "Even if the visa you hold has a condition 8503 - " No Further Stay" - attached this will be automatically waived allowing you to still apply." Absolutely incorrect.

"The rationale behind this is that Australia has decided that they want you and so invite you to apply for Skilled Migration then they don't want any hurdles in your way to get to Australia." That's ludicrously incorrect.

Found it.... http://www.4-corners.com.au/blog/bid/306300/How-do-I-apply-for-a-Skilled-Migration-Visa-to-Australia

This blog is full of inaccurate information so definitely do not follow this advice..... "Even if the visa you hold has a condition 8503 - " No Further Stay" - attached this will be automatically waived allowing you to still apply." Absolutely incorrect.

"The rationale behind this is that Australia has decided that they want you and so invite you to apply for Skilled Migration then they don't want any hurdles in your way to get to Australia." That's ludicrously incorrect.

Wow, isn't it just so wrong. I feel so sorry for people who read this kind of rubbish and believe it, they stand to lose so much. An 8503 means just that. No further stay.

Another quote from them re partner visas "your relationship is longer than 5 years or you have children then normally you will be granted permanent residence straight away. " . Wrong 3 years de facto or married, shortened to 2 if you have children from the relationship.

That site is dangerous.

Hi,

I agree that this website has a number of inaccuracies, but I note the following excerpt from DIBP's Procedural Advice Manual (PAM). The PAM guides Case Officers in their interpretation of Migration Act and Regulations.

SkillSelect applications - Applicants subject to an 8503 or 8534 condition

There is no requirement for the request for a waiver to be made in writing by SkillSelect applicants. The act of applying via SkillSelect is (under policy) considered sufficiently compelling for the ‘no further application’ condition to be waived in all cases where the applicant or dependent family member applies for one of the visas listed in section About SkillSelect-related waivers. This section is copied below.

About SkillSelect-related waivers

From 1 July 2012, regulations 2.05(4AA), 2.05(4), 2.05(5A)(b) and 2.07(AG) enable conditions 8503 and 8534 to be waived if the person has a ‘genuine intention’ to apply for a:

• General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa
  • EA-132 Business Talent visa
  • EN-186 Employer Nomination Scheme visa
  • RN-187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa or
  • EB-188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa.

These waiver provisions allow these particular applicants to make their application through SkillSelect in spite of a ‘no further application’ condition on their current visa.

Joy

Archived