Do i earn enough???

vincent321

I'm with NRMA, not totally sure if the Aussies work out any differently to back home, but based on what I pay I find it a lot cheaper. Wouldn't be able to get a 2.0 Tsi that cheaply insured back home though.

The cars i've been looking at, 300zx, r33 skyline, mr2 turbo seem cheap compared to back in England considering they are all fast cars, seems Aus maybe looks at the age and price of the car more rather than england insurance who seem to just look at the chances of crashing the car.

I was going to write this on a seperate thread but people seem to be replying to this one pretty well so quick question, P licenses?? I read on some car forum which said something about age restrictions etc for driving turbo cars, would i be on a P license? 20 years old, passed my test when i was 17 if that makes any difference

Am i being stupid then because i got a quote for a Skyline R33 turbo for just over $1,000 fully comp or $400 Fire and Theft, which i thought was crazy low or does Aus base insurance mainly on age of car etc not speed/danger as if i was trying to get a quote for that car in england it would be over £2,000 just based on how fast it is. That was with a company called sgio?

I wouldn't worry about it, if that is what the quote say and you are happy with it then great. It doesn't sound too cheap to me but then I am not 20 and I guess it is cheap for a 20 year old.

Perhaps a 20 year old will find better insurance deals in Australia, whereas for me as a 40 year old, Australia was ludicrously expensive compare to the UK.

I wouldn't worry about it, if that is what the quote say and you are happy with it then great. It doesn't sound too cheap to me but then I am not 20 and I guess it is cheap for a 20 year old.

Perhaps a 20 year old will find better insurance deals in Australia, whereas for me as a 40 year old, Australia was ludicrously expensive compare to the UK.

I think it might just be the cars im looking at, being a bit of a 'car scene' boy, i could not believe it when i was seeing clean low mileage r33 turbos and 300zx for $8000 and then insurance for only $1000, especially how all the bills for my first car and rego and insurance etc will be coming from some of my savings so i have the strong £-$ conversion rate to make things seem even cheaper.

Yes I think you can expect to pay a lot for insurance. We paid well over $1500 in insurance for a seven year old Mazda and we are two 40-somethings doing very low mileage and 20+ years clean driving record.

WHAT!!!!! We pay $600 for a 4 yr old 2.5 litre suv fully comp and $600 for a 4.0 ute that's 6 yr old. You need a new insurance company

WHAT!!!!! We pay $600 for a 4 yr old 2.5 litre suv fully comp and $600 for a 4.0 ute that's 6 yr old. You need a new insurance company

I don't live in Australia anymore and the $1500 included CTP as well as the comprehensive policy. I could never fathom why my insurance was so high, but on the other hand yours is unusually low. I actually work in the industry and I can tell you your policy is well below average.

I am sorry.. but did you say you spend $100 a month ???

Would you mind if I ask where do you live in Australia??..

because I am planning to settle down in Sydney this coming Feb...

Perhaps you could be more specific? Who are you responding to? $100 a month for what?

I don't live in Australia anymore and the $1500 included CTP as well as the comprehensive policy. I could never fathom why my insurance was so high, but on the other hand yours is unusually low. I actually work in the industry and I can tell you your policy is well below average.

I find it so hard to know who is where

Who as up to date knowledge

Things change so quickly wharever you live

Yes I think you can expect to pay a lot for insurance. We paid well over $1500 in insurance for a seven year old Mazda and we are two 40-somethings doing very low mileage and 20+ years clean driving record.

Blimey. Sydney must be extortionate. We paid $330 for our brand new Subaru Forester in August. We had only just arrived and had no fixed address so thought we would have to pay a lot. At that rate we didn't even bother shopping around.

Blimey. Sydney must be extortionate. We paid $330 for our brand new Subaru Forester in August. We had only just arrived and had no fixed address so thought we would have to pay a lot. At that rate we didn't even bother shopping around.

Yeah, I (age 49, clean record) pay only $400 for my brand new Hyundai iX35. Car insurance here always seems cheap to me compared to the UK, but there's the rego to add on.

Guest guest30085

You didn't get a staff discount then?

Archived