Time to go but with what?

Adidasandy

Hi guys,

My family and I have been granted our PR visas and are set to go to Brisbane early next year. This thread is really about what would be ok to take in a container along with our belongings. I own a jetski with a trailer which I would love to take across but don't know if I can or if it will be cost effective. I also have a vespa which I want to take as this will be my daily ride to work etc. Both ski and scooter are crazy money to buy in Oz and plus I've owned these from new and know the history.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

this subject is a can of worms , but with all the answers. I imported a couple of caravans in to Oz from the Uk and in doing so I learnt all about the import laws etc. and boy is there some!

one good thing is because you have owned them for more than one year in your name and paid registration on them . you will get them in even if they are post 1989 if the scoot [i myself have had many] is pre 1989 then it gets in anyway. then u have to get them inspected and upgrade where necessary. fortunately UK spec cars need very little.. Japanese spec cars need even less As to the Jest ski that would be allowed in because it is not a road going vehicle.. the most import thing is ..you must NOT ship them till you get a import approval cert and yes they can go in the same container ...they will be inspected and if they find any mud, seeds dead plants get yer wallet out its going to be expensive.. is it worth it YES you will double your money on them when u come to sell em

K

yeah bad grammar I know

Wow thatnks very much for the reply. we're looking to pay a company to do all our shipping including packing + inventory. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Also the price we have has to ship our dogs over is crazy - over 7k

if you need to know anymore either PM me or ask aloud

... there s a lot to know but its simple if you follow the instructions

• 1 month later...
Wow thatnks very much for the reply. we're looking to pay a company to do all our shipping including packing + inventory. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Hi we used Britannia Movers - highly recommend them - great service - all on time and no issues :)

hi Adidasandy,

Check the FIDI website (http://www.fidi.org) for a list of international removals companies that serve your area that are certified to the FAIM international moving standard to ensure you're choosing a reputable, qualified overseas mover.

You should be able to ship your household goods along with your other scooter and jetski+trailer in the same container, likely the shipping company would secure them in place (they may crate the scooter separately) and then overcase or use a bulk head to separate from the boxes and furniture to prevent any damage during transit but still allow you to share the freight cost with just one container.

Hope that helps.

I wouldn't have thought that it would be worth it financially never mind the hassle of shipping and customs etc. Don't know about the jetski but I bought my scooter brand new for $3k and haven't looked back. It is a SYM VS 150, definitely the best way to get about the Sydney traffic

Archived