Social work jobs in Perth any advice?

ShellyPlatt

I am hoping to migrate to Perth in January next year on 189 visa. Can any one help on where to look for social work jobs? I know it will be best to apply once visa is granted, just wanted to get an idea on where/what's available and get a feel for the application process.

I currently work for Manchester LA within the Children and Families Directorate and would like something similar.

Also, should I join AASW now or when I get there?

Thanks in advance :-)

Guest guest30085

Hi Shelly

I can't help with AASW

Try WA Govt Jobs website also.

Child Protection are often advertising for various roles, often for pool recruitment but some are for current positions.

They do ask you to have an assessment carried out by the Overaeas Qualifocation Unit, but if you have a skills assessment that's fairly recent as part of the visa process then they may accept that.

Otherwise other social work positions in other departments will also be advertised on there.

And try seek.com as already mentioned.

Ps it is possible to get social work jobs from the UK but research, research and then do some more research! Adapt your CV to Australian social work issues to demonstrate how you will fit into their system. Not sure of WA system but in Brisbane most of the decent jobs are on the gov site via smart jobs. Good luck! My OH loves his social work job here.

• 8 months later...
I am hoping to migrate to Perth in January next year on 189 visa. Can any one help on where to look for social work jobs? I know it will be best to apply once visa is granted, just wanted to get an idea on where/what's available and get a feel for the application process.

I currently work for Manchester LA within the Children and Families Directorate and would like something similar.

Also, should I join AASW now or when I get there?

Thanks in advance :-)

The best place to look for social work positions in Perth, is on the government jobswa website.

Oops, just saw that this is an old post.

https://jobs.wa.gov.au/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived