came back from oz an want try it again. any advice!!

lezo

Hi all new to site and just wanted to here from anyone who has ping ponged as you call it. We been home 3 years now our visa runs ou june 09. we both scared to tell anyone our thoughts incase they put us in a loony bin. ! had new born last time now youngest 3. I never worked and went really ill last time. we met there 10 years ago went back twice got married there then emigrated, we always always thought we end up there but found it hard. my husband gas and plumbing not recognised although we got in on the back of them!! any ho any advice would be greatly appreciated. confused in liverpool.:twitcy:

Hi Lezo,

your confused in liverpool, im confused in oz !!! LOL

where are you aiming for, i guess you have your visa to come back here is that what you are saying, not sure what advice you are asking for,

soz maybe im having a dozzy day !!! lol but your post a bit jumbled

stuju

Guest Jaynie

Hi,

I'm from Liverpool too and I think if you are asking the question you kind of know the answer already?

You had a new born and we all know how this changes your perspective on life, so if you want a change, give it a go, you never know you might settle this time.

You'll never ever know, if you never ever go!

Hi Lezo,

your confused in liverpool, im confused in oz !!! LOL

where are you aiming for, i guess you have your visa to come back here is that what you are saying, not sure what advice you are asking for,

soz maybe im having a dozzy day !!! lol but your post a bit jumbled

stuju

sorry it is a babble ha ha what i mean is we talk about wanting to give it another go in oz and i never heard of anyone emigrating twice. i feel we would be ok this time but scared that we fail again like last time. wondered if anyone else done this. we have loads friends there who we keep in touch with and i scared to tell them how i feel. feel bad cos my oh wanted to stay last time.

Hi,

I'm from Liverpool too and I think if you are asking the question you kind of know the answer already?

You had a new born and we all know how this changes your perspective on life, so if you want a change, give it a go, you never know you might settle this time.

You'll never ever know, if you never ever go!

thanks jayne your right we cant help how we feel and we feel our 3 girls 8 5 3 would be happy there. its stressful moving but you know what once we settled i know i wont be living my life with the heavy heart full of regret that i have now. i,m scottish and not in touch with my family, long story. my life here is all about us 5. lol thanks!!

Guest Jaynie

From the sounds of it, you have your family with you, so give it a go, I have been here 15yrs and all my family live in Liverpool still, (going back for 2 weeks on Monday) but hubbies family all live here, we don't see an awful lot of them though as they are spread about a bit. You sound like you really want to give it a go and if you want to PM me,you are welcome to.

Lezo,

Where in oz are you aiming to go to ??

I have learnt in life that you have to do whats right for you, im a great believer in follow your heart - yes peeps say the head is best as its more sensible option - but if your hearts yearning for something you will never truly be happy till you have it.

all the best

stuju

Lezo,

Where in oz are you aiming to go to ??

I have learnt in life that you have to do whats right for you, im a great believer in follow your heart - yes peeps say the head is best as its more sensible option - but if your hearts yearning for something you will never truly be happy till you have it.

all the best

stuju

hi stuju we were based in melbourne cos we met there and have friends there. some of them came over last year to see us and i really miss there attitude to life. one of there sons who is 20 has gone back after staying with us for over a year. we all miss him he was a pleasure to have. thanks we will keep talkin and i will keep you all posted. no regrtes!!! thats how i want to feel! lezo

Hi Lezo

We are in a similar position returning to Perth this year. We have been back in Scotland for almost 2 years and lived in Perth for a year. We are close to family and when we were in Perth my motherinlaw died, my sister developed renal failure and my dad was ill. We had always said we would stay in Oz for a year and this is what we did despite the fact that we loved it! I think if all these things had not happened we would have stayed then. i remember sitting in Perth airport on the way home thinking Oh my god what are we doing!! i have not regretted coming back because my dad died and at least we were here, my sister is managing fine at the moment. But we have really missed Oz and want to return. People probably think we are mad because we bought a house and extended it and it's the best house we have had. i love being close to my mum and sister but our life really was brilliant in Oz. I have 4 young sons and had to work fulltime because of the 457 visa but it still was good. We had a lot of quality time with our children and we felt like we were living. This has been the biggest decision we have made to return and I still feel happy one minute then terrified the next but we are going and if we eventually want to come back we will as long as we are all happy. Sorry for rabbiting on!1 Good luck with your decision.

Arlene

Hi Lezo

We are in a similar position returning to Perth this year. We have been back in Scotland for almost 2 years and lived in Perth for a year. We are close to family and when we were in Perth my motherinlaw died, my sister developed renal failure and my dad was ill. We had always said we would stay in Oz for a year and this is what we did despite the fact that we loved it! I think if all these things had not happened we would have stayed then. i remember sitting in Perth airport on the way home thinking Oh my god what are we doing!! i have not regretted coming back because my dad died and at least we were here, my sister is managing fine at the moment. But we have really missed Oz and want to return. People probably think we are mad because we bought a house and extended it and it's the best house we have had. i love being close to my mum and sister but our life really was brilliant in Oz. I have 4 young sons and had to work fulltime because of the 457 visa but it still was good. We had a lot of quality time with our children and we felt like we were living. This has been the biggest decision we have made to return and I still feel happy one minute then terrified the next but we are going and if we eventually want to come back we will as long as we are all happy. Sorry for rabbiting on!1 Good luck with your decision.

Arlene

hi arlene your not rabbiting on at all, i cant talk about this to friends who have never moved they dont get it!! our house here is lovely and big for uk. kids have nice big toy room and there was a time that i really would have put that as important. I think now my attitude is i can make any house nice. starting again , renting and so on seems mad but i know the other end will be good. feel ashamed in a way to tell people we think made a mistake and want to do a complete u turn. I feel now my youngest is nearly 3 be better time to go than with a new born. soory for your loss and glad for you that the time was right for you to be at home so you no regrets. goin to show hubbie this later and have good talk over next few days. thanks again. lesley

Guest THE HUTSONS

Hi Lezo. It's interesting reading this as we are due to emigrate soon and we also have a new born (currently 6 weeks old). I'm interested in why it was difficult for you when you emigrated last time, especially with a new baby...I think I know the answer, but it would be great to hear what your exprience was. We also have a 5 year old, and my husband is keen for us to go before she gets too settled here in the UK. He is very sure about emigrating, and I keep changing my mind...especially during those 4am night feeds!

Good luck with your decision!

Sue and Graham

hi arlene your not rabbiting on at all, i cant talk about this to friends who have never moved they dont get it!! our house here is lovely and big for uk. kids have nice big toy room and there was a time that i really would have put that as important. I think now my attitude is i can make any house nice. starting again , renting and so on seems mad but i know the other end will be good. feel ashamed in a way to tell people we think made a mistake and want to do a complete u turn. I feel now my youngest is nearly 3 be better time to go than with a new born. soory for your loss and glad for you that the time was right for you to be at home so you no regrets. goin to show hubbie this later and have good talk over next few days. thanks again. lesley

hi sue, to be honest i worked full time with my first daughter and she was nearly five when had emma. i,m very people out going person. I think my situation was pure and simple day to day loneliness. I even seen a doctor at my friends request to see if would help me stay. I could have felt like that in uk only differance was nobody comes and says do you need a friend or company you need to let people know. in uk when feel like that you have network already there. not saying dont do it, i,m aying do it !!! dont make my mistakes. look how i feel now. it is sooo good for youg families. really great. any more you need to know feel free. thanks for your reply lesley

Guest earlswood

My uncle has ping-ponged twice in 6 years and is know ponging back to th UK:smile:

hw will probably ping back over here in the next couple of years.

Guest THE HUTSONS
hi sue, to be honest i worked full time with my first daughter and she was nearly five when had emma. i,m very people out going person. I think my situation was pure and simple day to day loneliness. I even seen a doctor at my friends request to see if would help me stay. I could have felt like that in uk only differance was nobody comes and says do you need a friend or company you need to let people know. in uk when feel like that you have network already there. not saying dont do it, i,m aying do it !!! dont make my mistakes. look how i feel now. it is sooo good for youg families. really great. any more you need to know feel free. thanks for your reply lesley

Hi Lesley. Thanks for that..I really appreciate your advice. I can imagine feeling like that too, as I do love other people's company...especially when you have only a baby for company all day long, every day....(god that sounds terrible!) My family live close by and even my school run is a real 'family walk' with my sister-in-law, nephews and neices and my Dad all walking the same way. So loneliness is a worry for me too. But it's nice to see you say that the country is a great place for the kids as that's my main motivating factor.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you and thanks again for your honest advice!

Sue x

Guest Racht70

I heard of poeple ping-ponging 3 times! also poeple not getting out of the taxi and head back to the airport, so youre not the only one whos unsure, just follow youre heart.

If you are up for a change, why not try somewhere else in UK - cheaper and much easier to handle. If work qualifications were an issue last time, have you requalified or will you have the same problems all over again? There are quite a few folk on this and other boards who are finding that their qualifications dont enable them to do the work that they are trained to do and enjoy doing.

It is also getting harder for people coming here with high interest rates and high cost of housing combined with a very poor exchange rate so this could be a very expensive whim especially if you dont like it this time around - and what would have changed to make you like it better?

Ultimately it is a decison only you can make but try not to burn any bridges in doing so! Good luck with it!

Archived