Can anyone help me find somewhere for me and my pets to live?

annym

I am returning to the UK on October 29th. and as yet have nowhere to live and my dog and cat return 2 weeks after me. I have been searching on Gumtree UK, Zoopla, Rightmove, you name it, I've been on the site; lots of the places allow pets but require my presence before I move in. I have no-one in England to view properties for me, very limited funds, no car to drive around in yet, absolute disaster.

Originally we were going to stay with my step-mother to allow me time to leisurely look around but a few weeks ago she said that I couldn't stay. I honestly have no idea who to turn to for help; I tried emailing 3 different county councils in the areas where I would like to live but they all said that I should contact them once I got there! Obviously they didn't read my email! I even contacted the Salvation Army but they never replied.

If anyone has any suggestions, positive ones, please, or know of any private rental properties in Somerset, Devon, Cornwall, South or West Wales with 2 bedrooms and a garden, would they please let me know?