Who to use?

MelanieJS

We have just moved and used John Mason. Well worth considering them as for us they provided the cheapest quote and we are happy with the service so far. We move into our new home here on 2 October so cannot fully comment (as our furniture is currently in storage at our request) but the contact with their Australian counterparts, SantaFe Removals, here in Brisbane has been excellent.

We used crown. Chose them because, as well as being competitive on price, they were also friendly and helpful. Made us feel like more than just another client.

More important than all that though, everything was very well packed. Nothing damaged in transit, kept us up to date throuout the voyage, and delivery went well. Everything reassembled in record time and unpacked. Boxes taken away etc.

I would happily recommend them.

To be honest they generally all get good feeback. The odd not so good experience here and there but that is normal. Use the forum search feature and I am sure you can turn up lots of past posts about them from those that used them. Just they may no longer be active on the forum to post here in reply to you.

Go with whichever one you like best and offers a price you are happy to pay.

Re shipping insurance, I'd suggest not using the shipping company one. Letton Percival and Insure Your Move are the two I'd say to get quotes from for insurance.

I am absolutely sure that you will get both good and not so good reviews on all of the big names. I always think this is a decision not worth over thinking. Just go with the cheapest and worry about something else.

For or my tuppence though, I used Pickfords going over, I like that they are at both ends and there is no subcontracting to another form for collection and unpacking. Coming back I used someone else and they subcontracted to Doree Bonner for unpacking. Well the average age if the crew was 12 I think and it showed, they didn't know how to tackle the larger furniture with awkward corners and doorways and left the place in a right old mess. It was my fourth unpacking experience and I have never ben left with such a mess to deal with after the packers left.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived