How do you feel now that Abbott is gone?

Harpodom

How do you feel?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel?

• Furious at Turnbull?
    • Slightly angry at Turnbull?
    • In a state of shock and grief?
    • Relieved?
    • Jubilant?
    • Psychotic with joy?
    • Don't care: same **** different bucket?
    • Sense of anti-climax?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose you're above that sort of thing, eh buddy?

I could never imagine you gloating at, say, Labor getting trounced, or Gillard replacing Rudd/vice versa. Or using silly names like JuLIAR.

I felt sorry for KRUDD, for the same reason as I did for Abbott, being elected as PM, but not allowed to serve their full term. I did not feel sorry for Gillard as she shafted Rudd.

Leaving policy aside for one minute, I really really hope that he manages to change the atmosphere around federal politics. Rudd, Gillard & Abbott were all beholden to presidential politics and the 7 second soundbite, which was effective in them getting power but nobody could claim it has been a good few years for leadership in Australia.

Turnbull has made all the right noises about advocacy and intelligent communication. Let's hope the media and the public respond to this and we can move away from sloganeering and celebrity-driven politics.

Time well tell. He was Goldman Sachs alumnus after all. He is a social progressive but remains an economic rationalist. He certainly has the intellectual superiority over Abbott, perhaps not to his favour with the masses as Frazer comes to mind. Abbott on the other hand did promote dumb, but couldn't break through. Back to Turnbull, it should be remembered only ten more voted for him than Abbott. No doubt a of very disgruntled Liberal MPs. It would appear Bishop is not popular with Abbott loyalists, deferring until informing him a challenge was to be made, followed by voting against him. From the glare she gave Hockey, during first day of new PM, daggers would be a polite term. No doubt words were exchanged at some previous occasion.

Interesting to see that Morrison voted for Abbott, and yet it's looking like Turnbull may have promised him Finance if he got in.... Not at all surprised that suck-up Pyne voted against his old mate Abbott - there's a man with his tongue up whichever orifice benefits him most!

Even more so that dreadful Bronwyn Bishop woman. After all Abbott done for her. No loyalty with an arch Conservative Lib seeking position.

..... It would appear Bishop is not popular with Abbott loyalists, deferring until informing him a challenge was to be made, followed by voting against him. From the glare she gave Hockey, during first day of new PM, daggers would be a polite term. No doubt words were exchanged at some previous occasion.

Word is that Julie Bishop was very anti Peta Credlin, so getting rid of Abbott would get rid of her. Think they may have had a run in at some point in the past, and I imagine Bishop is a woman that knows the meaning of "revenge is a dish best served cold"!

https://vine.co/v/OFQ0XVaIxx9

Word is that Julie Bishop was very anti Peta Credlin, so getting rid of Abbott would get rid of her. Think they may have had a run in at some point in the past, and I imagine Bishop is a woman that knows the meaning of "revenge is a dish best served cold"!

https://vine.co/v/OFQ0XVaIxx9

I'd say getting on the wrong side of Bishop would be severely hazardous to life and limb. One unforgiving femme I suspect.

I'd say getting on the wrong side of Bishop would be severely hazardous to life and limb. One unforgiving femme I suspect.

Let's hope that "Those who live by the sword" applies to her then?

I saw someone else I immediately despised today on Sky,? Kelly O'Dwyer?"

Bronwyn Bishop voted against Abbott.

And he tried to avoid sacking her loyal to a fault, to Peta, and to Arthur whatever his name is

Cory Bernardi talked about those MPs taking their '30 pieces of Silver".

I'm Liberal voter and I think I am objective enough to recognise that, so far, Turnbull is performing well, at Question Time, and talks better than Abbott, but I still hate the backstabbing and the hypocrisy, such that the ALP winning next election would amuse me.

The ALP needs to get its act together - ditch that dud and find a few decent constructive politicians. They spend too much time whining and complaining and not enough on their actual policies. Do they have any? I was a Labor supporter for many, many years all through the Whitlam, Keating eras etc but haven't been able to vote for them since they changed and became a bunch of whining no-hopers.

And he tried to avoid sacking her loyal to a fault, to Peta, and to Arthur whatever his name is

I'm Liberal voter and I think I am objective enough to recognise that, so far, Turnbull is performing well, at Question Time, and talks better than Abbott, but I still hate the backstabbing and the hypocrisy, such that the ALP winning next election would amuse me.

What have you got against Kelly O'Dwyer ?

Hardly surprising the party of entitlement and an over belief in their individual self worth to stab each other in the back. I already mentioned that dreaded Bronwyn Bishop woman. A woman believing in her sense of entitlement if any. I feel a grain of sympathy for what Abbott must be feeling to have been guillotined by the likes of her.

I suspect the rise in popularity may be short lived. Turnbull is far more an economic rationalist than given credit for.

Still, I see the first poll since "The Ides of September " has seen a surge in popularity for the Libs.

From my POV, I can't lose. If Libs win I have satisfaction of seeing the rage of the Abbott haters on the left thwarted, especially with Morrison playing a larger role.

You will lose being on a small income the added costs of GST and other nasties to be unveiled during the course of time will hardly favour the poorer. Politics is not just personalities you know?

Still, I see the first poll since "The Ides of September " has seen a surge in popularity for the Libs.

From my POV, I can't lose. If Libs win I have satisfaction of seeing the rage of the Abbott haters on the left thwarted, especially with Morrison playing a larger role.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, LOL.

When all's said and done, he was a good PM though, wasn't he?

Bless his budgie smugglers. If he'd only worn them all the time I'm sure he'd have been more popular. What's not to love about a man in tight swim trunks eh? I think it was that fashion faux pas that did for him tbh.

Bless his budgie smugglers. If he'd only worn them all the time I'm sure he'd have been more popular. What's not to love about a man in tight swim trunks eh? I think it was that fashion faux pas that did for him tbh.

He had some redeeming features, like being a volunteer 'firie' and basically a 'bloody bloke', but TBH in my mind, even his redeeming features betrayed an insecurity with his masculinity which manifested itself in overdoing the macho stuff. Loyal to his friends though, fat lot of good that did him!

He is basically a white bread conservative catholic with a gait like a chimp, who felt threatened by women, gays, foreigners (people who 'speak funny'), environmentalists, scientists, atheists, asylum seekers, Muslims, young people, intelligent people, people who read books. 'Nuff said.

He is basically a white bread conservative catholic with a gait like a chimp, who felt threatened by women, gays, foreigners (people who 'speak funny'), environmentalists, scientists, atheists, asylum seekers, Muslims, young people, intelligent people, people who read books. 'Nuff said.

Sounds like what the few Abbott supporters are like

.. :wink:

He had some redeeming features, like being a volunteer 'firie' and basically a 'bloody bloke', but TBH in my mind, even his redeeming features betrayed an insecurity with his masculinity which manifested itself in overdoing the macho stuff. Loyal to his friends though, fat lot of good that did him!

So he basically hates his sister because she is gay?

How did he manage to pass his degrees, especially the Rhodes scholarship one without reading books?

Archived