Can anyone explain the EOI process?

Woody

Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked before...

We are really hoping we can apply for a visa and are currently waiting for a MARA agent to complete their assessment of us, fingers and toes are crossed!!

In the meantime I have spent hours and hours looking at all things Australia. I have come across a number of threads on here about EOI and had a look on government sites as well. My main question is do you have to do an EOI before applying for a visa or can you apply without doing one?

If you don't have to do one what are the advantages of doing an EOI?

What are the rough timescales? Hubby is a chef if occupation makes a difference to timescales.

Will you get an invite eventually?

All advice is gratefully received.

Hi

We are really hoping we can apply for a visa and are currently waiting for a MARA agent to complete their assessment of us, fingers and toes are crossed!!

In the meantime I have spent hours and hours looking at all things Australia. I have come across a number of threads on here about EOI and had a look on government sites as well. My main question is do you have to do an EOI before applying for a visa or can you apply without doing one?

What are the rough timescales? Hubby is a chef if occupation makes a difference to timescales.

It will depend entirely on your specific circumstances.

An EOI is a mandatory step for some visas (such as a subclass 189), voluntary for others (such as a subclass 186) and for some not even an option.

For employer sponsored visas where an EOI can be submitted, it is, in most cases a waste of time.

For skilled visas where it is a mandatory step, the EOI is crucial. The information submitted at this stage will determine your visa eligibility and form the foundation of your visa application if invited.

It will depend entirely on your specific circumstances.

An EOI is a mandatory step for some visas (such as a subclass 189), voluntary for others (such as a subclass 186) and for some not even an option.

For employer sponsored visas where an EOI can be submitted, it is, in most cases a waste of time.

For skilled visas where it is a mandatory step, the EOI is crucial. The information submitted at this stage will determine your visa eligibility and form the foundation of your visa application if invited.

Thank you for your response. I will wait to see which visa the MARA agent recommends.

Hi

If you get a positive outcome from your visa agent, get your husband to make sure he has a first aid certificate. Not having this delayed my application by 6 weeks. Try wouldn't release my vetassess results until they were happy with the course I took.

I sent off all my documents on the 1st feb and I got a positive skills assessment 10 days ago. But like I said I lost 6-7 weeks in messing around with the first aid stuff.

Make sure he qualifies as a chef as well. There is a difference between applying for a chef or as a cook. In aus only management lvl chefs are classed as chefs... For example.

Sous chefs

Head chefs

Exec chefs

Any position under these will be classed as a cook

Chef de parti

Demi chef

Commis

If you get a positive outcome from your visa agent, get your husband to make sure he has a first aid certificate. Not having this delayed my application by 6 weeks. Try wouldn't release my vetassess results until they were happy with the course I took.

I sent off all my documents on the 1st feb and I got a positive skills assessment 10 days ago. But like I said I lost 6-7 weeks in messing around with the first aid stuff.

Make sure he qualifies as a chef as well. There is a difference between applying for a chef or as a cook. In aus only management lvl chefs are classed as chefs... For example.

Sous chefs

Head chefs

Exec chefs

Any position under these will be classed as a cook

Chef de parti

Demi chef

Commis

Thank you that is really useful! He has done first aid qualifications before but it probably needs updating.

He has been a head chef for over a decade so he does qualify thankfully.