Walking Shoes

misskayleigh

I have Merrel sandals (ugly but comfy) walking boots from ALDI ($35 and great...) but mostly walk in birkenstocks.... I think birkies look v nice and are also super comfy.... Need full boots for a bush walk though due to snakes/leeches etc.....

I used to live in Birkenstocks - they were all I wore for years but walking any distance in them I got the most incredible shin pain (absolutely shock inducing) after about 1 km and used to have to stop, stretch etc then I could walk on. Now I use shoes/sandals to walk in the relief from pain is miraculous. Shame really because I loved my Birkies and have a sensory issue with socks or having something around my heels. I sort of miss them!

I've reached the age where walking boots are my all purpose shoe. I pretty much wear them for everything. Only time I wear something else is when I wear shorts. I have gel soles, and they are very comfy. I got mine from a hunting online store. Called solognac. Took a couple of weeks to wear in, but the soles are very hard wearing, and they are fully waterproof.