Can I bring my sheep skin rug and Australian kangaroo skin?

Heyrudeboy

Hi All, Me and the Mrs are shipping over a 20ft container containing all our belongings. Can we include our sheep skin rug and Kangaroo skin throw?

Also we have an old oak table that means a lot to us that has bark attached to the edges. If we bring this is there a chance it can be destroyed or can we just pay for treatment? If there's any chance customs will destroy it I'd leave it with family in the UK.

Thanks all.

image.jpg

image.jpg

We were given as a leaving gift, a sheepskin rug (no flaming idea what possessed the mother in law). So we had it in checked baggage

As I'd been through the entry process before and new what a pain in the bum it was I looked forward to this thing with dread after 24 hrs flying.

As I pushed four kids, wife, three trolleys into the quarantine line a senior officer wandered up and 'asked' what have you got.

Sheep skin *****dy rug.....

He paused and said, 'see that door marked exit....mate, just run......'

So sheepskin rugs no problem, neither are oak tables that have been machined and varnished, etc. we had plenty of timber furniture from my former life as a cabinet maker.

Hi All, Me and the Mrs are shipping over a 20ft container containing all our belongings. Can we include our sheep skin rug and Kangaroo skin throw?

Also we have an old oak table that means a lot to us that has bark attached to the edges. If we bring this is there a chance it can be destroyed or can we just pay for treatment? If there's any chance customs will destroy it I'd leave it with family in the UK.

Thanks all.

Sheepskin is fine. Not so sure about the kangaroo skin, certainly a few years ago they weren't legal to import. They can be bought here but weren't legal as imports.

Archived