Hello

Westcoastdreamer

Hi, my name is tom I am a married father of 2 dreaming of living the good life in oz! I am presently a trucker wanting a career change. I have relatives in oz and have visited a few time and love the place. I would like to say this forum is really good having skulked about for a while and have decided to join. Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, I am looking to retrain as a welder in order to move to oz, my wife is a health care assistant in a mental hospital, but that job isn't on the list but we think she should be able to find work. The problem is finding out which UK qualifications are valid in oz for the skilled migrant visa. More research needs to be done.

Thanks for the welcome, I am looking to retrain as a welder in order to move to oz, my wife is a health care assistant in a mental hospital, but that job isn't on the list but we think she should be able to find work. The problem is finding out which UK qualifications are valid in oz for the skilled migrant visa. More research needs to be done.

Be aware you will need to undergo the training - a full apprenticeship, then obtain post qualification experience. The length of experience required varies, but it is normally about 3 years minimum.

Be aware you will need to undergo the training - a full apprenticeship, then obtain post qualification experience. The length of experience required varies, but it is normally about 3 years minimum.

Hi very stormy, I was looking at doing city and guilds at night school then getting a job for experience, would that not be sufficient? Thanks

Hi very stormy, I was looking at doing city and guilds at night school then getting a job for experience, would that not be sufficient? Thanks

Yes, that should be fine. I would look at the requirements for the skills assessment and the other visa requirements. Do be aware that the occupation lists change regularly and there is no guarantee the occupation will still be available by the time you are ready to apply.

Hi very stormy, the TRA have got back to me really quickly. It seems to me that qualifications are not that important but you must have 3 years experience. I know the list changes but what can you do? You pays your money and takes your chances. The oz govt will never put truck driving on the list so I have to try get there another way. Here's hoping welding stays on the list!

Archived